SUGGESTIONS FOR BOX and A/v system

Silver Member
Username: Killerzracing71

Fredericksburg, Virginia United states

Post Number: 401
First i have 2 pwe 354 subs an will eventually hook them both up to a MB quart RAA 1000....But my problem is will this amp be enough to power them (Yeah i know it does make 1000rms) but i will i be clipping the H#ll out of the subs i think it was 800rms a piece so would i need to get a bigger amp or just deal with it....

okay as for the box im gonna have a guy do my whole trunk....2 15's Raa 1000 amp...12" monitor....a drawer(for my water, transmission fluid,oil and utha stuff) laptop, battery and whut not.....Okay but the real thing is can i use some particle board/plywood for the sub box and all the otha stuff......this whole thing is free....the guys just doesnt have anything to do no carpentry work cummin in......

heres anutha part i have lights behind where i want the sub to go....N i neeed to get to them....so can i have a trap door that i can unscrew to get to the light withouht having to undo the the whole box to get to the light

my car http://www.torinocobra.com/guest_htm/travis_johnson.htm

Gold Member
Username: Bestmankind

Los Angeles, CA USA

Post Number: 3293
if you set your gain on the amp correctly and don't blast your volume real high, it won't clip. 1000wrms should move those subs.

don't use particle board. they are too weak. also they don't sound as good as mdf. i made a box with particle board once and i won't do it again.

Gold Member
Username: Rovin

Trinidad & T...

Post Number: 6834
"particle board/plywood"

Upload^^^

c'mon dude - mdf is cheap ,dont be so stingy with just a few $ ....

Silver Member
Username: Lewass

Boomfield Hills, MI USA

Post Number: 366
Upload
^^^^^^^^
8 feet by 4 feet, 3/4" MDF = $19.99

Silver Member

Post Number: 402
well i never relly knew where to get MDF or how much it cost....I knew it wuz cheap but my dad had about 15-20 sheets of particle board.....N anutha thing the dude that wuz gona build the box for me said i should use the
particle board...I knew that Particle board wasnt the best choice...N told him that i should use Mdf....Then like i said forget it i got alot of plywood...(okay now that u got the story)..

so mdf for the boxes everything else plywood....

i got a pic of the layout on anutha thread https://www.ecoustics.com/cgi-bin/bbs/show.pl?tpc=4&post=650550#POST650550 (wasnt getting a good enough response so i redid the title)

okay whut about the box having a cutout to get to the lights (duh it will be sealed up when i dont need to get to the light) will that be okay....

O sealed boxes can be any shape right....wont affect the sound if i make it a wierd shape will it........

Dang rovin i never bought MDF before.....How much should it cost for a sheet....and how much should i get

Silver Member

Post Number: 403
thanks lewass u already answerd my question posted afta u did lol..........Im clipping my subs now....Everytime i clip it it sounds good in the "CAR" not from the trunk.....So does that mean its time for a stronger amp......

I also have 2 10" subs Kappa Perfect DVQ (need to be reconed ) how much to get it done and how do u think it will sound in that big a car

Silver Member
Username: Lewass

Boomfield Hills, MI USA

Post Number: 384
Don't make the shape too weird, at least try to keep it symmetrical, thats the most important thing..

Depends how high the gain is on your amp, and how high you are turning the HU up. If you are not maxing out either the amp or the HU, then it is time to upgrade your electrical system. Otherwise figure out what piece you are stressing the most, and replace that.

Clipping happens when:
A) Your amp is trying to pull more power from your battery than the battery can dish out.
B) You are turning the volume up past 90% on your head unit. (This % varies greatly depending on make/model/quality of the HU. A Pyle HU probably clips at 50% of max volume, haha)
C) You have the gain turned up too high on your amplifier (unless you are a car audio expert, or are using a much more powerful amp than recommended, all gains should be set to 75% by default)

There may be other circumstances too but these I know for sure.

Silver Member

Post Number: 408
i have alpine cda-7897......... i turn the volume up to 28 the max is 35.......i cant set my gains for nothing.....Everytime i tune the amp to a certain point it doesn't...hit all the time like i want i have got to the point where i just have to use the remote gain...to adjust it for different cd's .....

hopefully with the dual subs this wont b a problem anymore

Silver Member

Post Number: 414
Upload look at the wheels im gettin for my car Uploadcant wait.....Its hard trying to save up for the wheels though...Im only 17 rying to save 1500$ LOL got 500$ cummin in from Taxes and Grandpapy...but the rest gotta come out my pocket

Bronze Member
Username: Custom_boxes

Post Number: 57
last year i made a box outa partical board it was a diffrent type of it tho but it sounds the same as mdf if not better but i made 2 2cuft boxes an heard it from 4blocks in a hatch back but i use mdf now since they dotn make that stuff any more the new stuff is sh1tie

Bronze Member
Username: Custom_boxes

Post Number: 58
Lewass ur wrong its 8ft 1 inch x 4ft 1 inch buddy lol
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us