(250 bux for an install)

Bronze Member
Username: 60buck

Webster, Ny

Post Number: 68
i was wondering if this sounds right. i have 2 jl 500/1 amps and 2 12 w7's and my friends best friend who works at a pretty good shop told me he would do the install for me for 250 including all wires plus using 0 gauge, and a distribution block. does this sound like a good deal? thanks again as always

Silver Member
Username: Sw9152

Post Number: 142
you should do it yourself and save about $175.

18ft 0 gauge- $40

distribution block- $15

120A inline fuse holder- $20

Bronze Member

Webster, Ny

Post Number: 70
unfortunatly i know nothing on how to do it. i also had asked if its something i should do myself and most everyone on this board had said no because i was dealing with high end equipment, plus i had never attempted to do any install work ever. so thank you for letting me know how much money i'd be saving, which sux, but i don't really have any other choice. am i getting ripped off though?

Gold Member
Username: Lexuscoop

Post Number: 1191
thats way too expensive, if he's your friend, thats pretty Fed up. its not hard to install something your self, its just hard doing the subs

Silver Member
Username: Dpaw20

FL USA

Post Number: 352
yes, you are. a pretty decent price for an install for two amps and 2 subs should be closer to $175 if not less..

Bronze Member
Username: Johnny619

San Diego, CA

Post Number: 77
why don't ur friend best friend just install at home. Buy the stuff and wire at home.

Bronze Member

Webster, Ny

Post Number: 71
i don't know. i thought it was expensive too. i couldn't believe he was gonna charge that much. he originally quoted me 150 and then i said i needed the 0 gauge and he told me 250. so i thought 100 bux for wire was good. so, i don't know what to do. i don't wanna spend that much but its looking like i might have to.

Gold Member
Username: Suleman36

Maryland U.S.A.

Post Number: 3350
https://www.ecoustics.com/electronics/forum/car-audio/208375.html

Gold Member
Username: Jmloughrey

Farmington, CT

Post Number: 1448
its a little much yes. Shouldn't be over 200 for a while system. Although i will say hiding 0ga wiring isnt an easy task...

Gold Member
Username: Tjmutlow

Post Number: 1672
if he is doing it on the side, then yes, that is a store price, the wire kit you can get for around 50 and block for 20,on ebay. he should be glad to do it for 50-60bucks dor side work....

Username: Inafia

Cleveland, Ohio USA

Post Number: 7
Tsunami, currently the worlds number 1 wire used in major comps. 18 feet of 0 gauge 22 bucks, now a distribution block, no way in heII its 20 bucks, go to lowes, or home depot. 6 bucks at the most. i work at an audio shop and that 250 for install is outrageos for the simplicity in it. read a couple days, do it yourself, very easy...my 2 cents

Gold Member
Username: B101

Queen City, NC USA

Post Number: 1792
I think 250 is avg install price. listen, he can either do it his self, which he cant... so I suggest him pay to get it installed..

its a BUISNESS NOT a FRIENDSHIP!!@!

18ft 0 gauge- $50
distribution block- $20
ANL inline fuse holder- $20
200a fuse- $5
so in the end he makes 150$ for labour....

your system now bangs like crazy, & is warrantied from the work...

see alot of people confuse biz with friendship. I have to CUT the line here! Bills got 2 be payed too.

Bronze Member
Username: Buckshot

Post Number: 92
try and shop around different shops or stores then see if its a good price

Gold Member
Username: Bestmankind

Los Angeles, CA USA

Post Number: 3137
i say just do it yourself. those amps come with instrunctions on how to set it up so it would be a good learning experience. you have to learn sometime right? you can't be paying $250 everytime you want to upgrade your system. just don't touch the power cable with the ground and you should be fine. take your time and follow the instructions. if you don't understand a few things then post it here and i am sure someone like jonathan or glasswolf will answer your quetion.

Gold Member
Username: B101

Queen City, NC USA

Post Number: 1797
Chad people just want things hooked up, ready to go... EX. fast food, ready to go.....

Jason u can take what Chad Lee is saying, and turn it into your weekend project. just understands since you are doing it yourself, it wont be quick, and you are responsible for the outcome! good or bad! if u like working with electronics & your hands, then do it yourself!

You can be very proud of yourself after, or very mad.

Bronze Member

Webster, Ny

Post Number: 72
i appreciate the comments. i am sketchy on what to do. its not that i don't think i can do it, because i think i can. its just that i don't wanna damage anything. i'm gonna take a few days to think about it.

Bronze Member
Username: Buckshot

Post Number: 94
you shouldnt damage anything unless like chad said and touch pos to neg or u drop something or poke a hole in something

and like B said if you do it yourself you will be proud to tell people that YOU did it not someone else and it is a learning experience good or bad outcome you learn more about car audio and about your car

Silver Member
Username: Sw9152

Post Number: 147
don't worry about damaging things, just hook the wire to the battery last and you shouldn't have any problems. the hardest part of installing a system is running the power wire. running it through the frame rail is prolly the best way to do it.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us