Hello...

Username: Bassjunkie0320

Post Number: 1
Hey guys I am new here but within the last few days I have signed up at several forums and decided to try this one and the people here. After listening and talking at the other forums I guess I have decided that I want a lot of SPL but good SQ at the same time. I want really really loud though....my budget is about $5000 for HU, subs and amps and wiring and all.
So basically I am asking for reccomendations on the loudest system I can get for $5000 and the setup and all.
For space...I am looking at a sedan probably a nissan sentra, altima, or maxima and or a honda civic....

Gold Member
Username: Bestmankind

Los Angeles, CA USA

Post Number: 2804
subs.....2 12" re xxx
amps.....2 orion 2500d
HU......pioneer avh-p7500dvd

don't forget ho alt.

Gold Member
Username: Rovin

Trinidad & T...

Post Number: 6137
WOW - 5Gs will get u a SUPERB system !

let me compile a list & get back 2 u - r u installing it urself or that budget includes labor too ? ......

Post Number: 2
Rovin...its kind of a toss up, I am 16 years old and my father and I have a decent amount of experience but I think if I go with something really insane I might get it professionaly installed or do as much as I can to cut down on labor time. I was also thinking about getting another battery just for my sytem....
Also, chad lee in response to your post....on both the other forums people were reccommending the RE ones. But the MT ones or the other ones...why do you say the XXX?
Also, do you guys have any links where I can get prices on the RE speakers I can't find any sites with them. A link to those amps would be nice too..I havent really looked at any amps or HU's yet...I really wanna set in stone what kind of Subs I am going to buy.

Silver Member
Username: Yukhui

Myrtle Beach, South Carolina USA

Post Number: 206
You will probably need another battery or two, a new alternator, and a big 3 upgrade to go along with your system.

Gold Member

Los Angeles, CA USA

Post Number: 2805
xxx has awesome sq and gets very loud. you can go the mt route but i think those cost alot more than the xxx.

you can see the xxx at www.reaudio.com
you need to call them for prices. while you are at it you can ask them for the re mt prices.

you can see the amp here. don't buy from them though cause you can find those amps for cheaper than that.
http://www.woofersetc.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=product.display&Product_ID=426

Gold Member
Username: B101

Queen City, NC USA

Post Number: 1472
I would look into TREO engineering! Look at the SSX 12s... you may only need 1 of them or better yet a pair.... Then look for a 4000rms amplifier..
It sounds like you want a mix of both SPL and SQ; then you want SQL! The Treo SSX is the ultimate daily driver subwoofer! Its not much comparison... but its allways brought up together.. I think its in this order: DD, TREO, RE...

Gold Member
Username: B101

Queen City, NC USA

Post Number: 1473
www.treoonline.com
after you figure your subs and amplifier, then you can worry about a HO alternator. I would get that from www.excessiveamperage.com

Post Number: 5
There is no sight that has the prices for RE anywhere...cuz I have no clue I mean they look good to me....I just wanna price on em.....They are gunna think i am an idiot cuz they will be sitting there telling me stuff about them and I am just gunna be like...ya...I am new to all this stuff but have had interest in it for a very long time.....I just have never researched it as much as I have started to in teh past week. I wanna understand how all the Ohms work or w/e and DB sensitivity and when I look at the stats for a speaker to tell whether its good or not...

Gold Member

Trinidad & T...

Post Number: 6140
Well Zac - the fun part about car audio is actual DIY . Try 2 do @ least some of the work urself - if u don't have the self confidence , well get it pro installed ...

Chad made a decent list only thing is XXX is not available right now unless he was talking about getting the new models when it comes out .
Similar in specs to xxx is this http://ascendantaudio.com/havoc_page.html but its 15" .
There r LOTS of choices u can do but how many subs & size u want ? - i'm guessing 2 12" !? .....

Gold Member

Trinidad & T...

Post Number: 6141
Oh - u can get some ideas of car installs here >>>
https://www.ecoustics.com/electronics/forum/car-audio/170712.html

Post Number: 6
Rovin, I don't mind going with 2 15's or somthing...I think 2 18's might be too big or even if I can get somthing that hits hard enough like 1 15". I was also looking at these...they got some good reviews and 1500 watts seems pretty powerful.
http://www.cardomain.com/item/MTXT9510X2D#reviews

And now..what does RMS mean? the RMS is 1500....and the peak is 3000...does that mean I can play them at 3000 all the time or like 2500 or somthing in between?

Gold Member

Los Angeles, CA USA

Post Number: 2808
zac rovin is right is about the xxx.

here is another option you can do.

subs.....2 jl audio 13w7s
amps.....2 jl audio 1000/1

lets not forget the alternator

Gold Member

Trinidad & T...

Post Number: 6142
this is a good read 4 u

http://wickedcases.com/tutorials/index.html

also www.the12volt.com & www.bcae1.com .......

Post Number: 7
Ya chad I was checkin out JL's stuff a lot before everyone started reccommending this oter stuff to me because I have a friend with 2 12 inch W3 and he said they hit real hard and nice. The 13 inch W7's was what I was looking at.
Also, when will the XXX's be coming back out on the market..I may call them sometime to find out.

Silver Member
Username: Goose5714

Post Number: 279
Rms is the continous power it can handle....and on an amp the continuos power it will put out...rms is the only thing that matters peak is all bs. Thats a huge budget...you could get almost anything you want...I personally have a w7 fet.sh becuase i am too poor for them lol. Keep in mind you have to be able to be able to get the box in the trunk cause if you get the civic or whichever nissan is smaller i would doubt you'd have enough vertical space to fit a 15 or 18 without making it up or down firing which would be ghey. Make sure you buy your subs first so you can get an amp(s) that will work well with them. Also put aside some money for a HO alt (like everyone else said), a decent amount of sound dampening, and probably a battery or two if your gonna run like 5kw's rms. BTW steer clear of those subs in the last link...overated/hyped imo, RE, DD, Treo, JL or SI subs would all probably be better. If i had that much money i would probably look into some SI mags becuase i've heard so much good stuff about them...theres really a million directions you can go just look around in forums of installs and sub forums and pick out some things you like but make sure you check with people before you buy something so you don't end up with like some dual 6 ohm subs that will never work great with any amp.....

Gold Member

Los Angeles, CA USA

Post Number: 2809
you would need to call reaudio for that info.

not too long ago i heard 1 13w7 powered by jl 1000/1 in a nissan 350z and it hit hard. also the sq was awesome for a sub that gets that loud. i will be buying 2 12w7s in a couple of weeks cause i don't want the trunk to get too crowded.

Post Number: 8
See what is the whole thing about the Ohms...it seems the lesser the better. And I do plan on buying subs before I get anything else keeping money aside for everything else. This whole deadener thing seems though it might cost a lot. I am thinking about just doing my trunk.

Gold Member
Username: Southern_bass

Paris, Tennessee U.S.

Post Number: 1881
if you go with 2 subs id say get dual 4 ohm subs so u can wire them down to 1 ohm to get the most from ur amp..depending on what amp u get

Post Number: 9
What about amplifiers...I know someone reccommended some orion ones and I was looking at those..could I also bridge an amp or should i just stick with the mono?

Bronze Member

Post Number: 13
Another thing I was wondering....what am I looking at for boxes...ported or enclosed....people on the other sites said ported would be best...

Gold Member

Los Angeles, CA USA

Post Number: 2815
that depends on what subs you buy zac. some subs sound better ported and some sound better sealed. i personally like the way the sealed boxes sound better than the ported. the bass seems tighter and cleaner in a sealed. thats just my listening prefrence. everyones ears are different.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 17
Ya i think for SPL they may have been saying ported but i want SQL i believe.

Gold Member
Username: 54danny54

Betsy layne, Kentucky..GO... USA duh

Post Number: 1925
man if i was u id get 2 ascendant audio havocs.
get 1 orion 2500D and wire each havoc down to one ohm and wir em up to 2 ohms and each will get 1250 watts. GREAT SYSTEM
i ordered my havoc a while ago, im expecting it soon

Gold Member
Username: 54danny54

Betsy layne, Kentucky..GO... USA duh

Post Number: 1926
also u need a good componentr set.
Look in2 the higher models of:
Eclipse
RE
Crystal mobile sound
DLS
Rainbow
Ascendant audio arco's

Gold Member

Trinidad & T...

Post Number: 6149
i thought a Havoc is rated @ 1500wrms - if u do 2 on a 2500 it might not reach full potential .

I'd prolly do like 1 mmats D2000.1 amp on each sub

So what amp will be pushing ur Havoc , Dan ??? ....

Bronze Member

Post Number: 21
DANE you gotta let me know how those are because I am looking at those now instead of the RE XXX's. THey aren't bad in price either.

Gold Member

Los Angeles, CA USA

Post Number: 2827
zac you got $5000 to work with. you can get such an awesome system. keep on looking.

www.stereointegrity.com

Bronze Member

Post Number: 22
I know and I am all confused there is too much to look through...I really gotta get down to the shop and I am trying to find out a price on the RE XXX's cuz I like those a lot.
I am thinking about going with 1 RE XXX 15 inch now and getting an amp and my HU and all that and seeing how i like it.....I think 1500 RMS is gunna be quite powerful. The Havoc seems more powerful at 1600 though...and those are only $325.

Gold Member

Los Angeles, CA USA

Post Number: 2835
what kinda music do you listen to most of the time zac?
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us