I want to be able to hit 150

Gold Member
Username: Bestmankind

Los Angeles, CA USA

Post Number: 2688
2 jl audio 1000/1
2 jl audio 12w7
260amp ho alt from iraggi

taking the backseat out of my car and putting the box with 2 12w7s there. is it possible to hit 150+ with the mic at the dash with this setup. i already have the amps and the ho alt i will order tomorrow. i still have 2 weeks to change my mind on subs but i want sql so i figured i should go with the 12w7s.

Gold Member
Username: James1115

Ct

Post Number: 5312
If you tune your box high enough it is possible but for every day sql it is not likely.

Gold Member
Username: Chaunb3400

Huntsville, Alabama U.S.

Post Number: 5864
Chad, Chad, Chad, do u really want to hit 150db's, or is it just a phase ur going through.lol

Since ur taking out ur backseat why not get like 2 or 3 13w7's??

Gold Member

Los Angeles, CA USA

Post Number: 2691
james.....so i guess hitting 150 in a sealed will be out of the question. lol.

chauncey.....taking out the backseat gives me alot of space to put 3 13w7s but i don't think the 260amp alt will cover 3 jl 1000/1. also i don't want to drown out the speakers in the car either. lol phase you say. it could be.

since it would be hard to hit 150 i might just throw the subs in the trunk.

Gold Member

Los Angeles, CA USA

Post Number: 2692
also the reason why i will be getting the 12w7s is cause i can get it for a good price. i will be paying $1100 for both in a custom box built to jl specs by the local stereo place by my house. they are an authorized jl dealer so i will be getting full warranty by jl audio. the subs are a store demo so it isn't brand new but it wasn't over played either. also since i had a problem getting the dynaudio 240gt comps from ebay i will be getting a new set of jl zr650 comps.

i gotta a nice raise at work so i can afford do a little spending.

Gold Member
Username: Chaunb3400

Huntsville, Alabama U.S.

Post Number: 5866
ok, u have 2 now, right, and i think i remember u saying ur lights dim but not bad, if u add a 3rd one + a 260 amp alternator u should be fine, unless u turn the volume up all the way and leave it there 4ever and ever.

Gold Member

Los Angeles, CA USA

Post Number: 2693
lol chauncey. you might be right. i already sold my type xs chauncey.

also before i didn't really turn it up that much. recently i cranked my sh!t up with my lil jon cd and it dims. it dims bad. voltage drops donw to 12v. i know my subs can handle more volume but i don't think my electrical system can. lol. i am just surprised i listen to it this long on my stock 105 amp alt. well all that is going to change.

Gold Member
Username: B101

Queen City, NC USA

Post Number: 1403
2 jl audio 1000/1
2 jl audio 12w7
260amp ho alt from iraggi

Chad you need alot more to get to 150dB.. Especially the correct box tuned to your cars resonant freq or close. (not jl box) with double/tripple the RMS power & some good subs that can take the power! with that 260a alternator and maybe 1 or 2 kinetic batteries! Maybe 3 runs of 0ga......

but whats been up Chad?

Gold Member

Los Angeles, CA USA

Post Number: 2702
not much B. same sh!t everyday. killing time at work on posting stuff here. lol.

Silver Member
Username: Safe_cracker

Chicago, IL US

Post Number: 310
I have seen a type R in a custom ported enclosure with 1600rms hit a 151 on the TL in a trunk of a monte carlo and that is only one sub, one amp, two bats, a cap and 200A alt. This was done at 43hz, mic just under the glove box with driver side door open. We all know those type R's aren't the greatest so a better sub may have better results. The biggest difference will be in the enclosure. JMHO..Polo..

Silver Member
Username: Lewass

Bloomfield Hills, MI USA

Post Number: 145
Chad if you do 2 13w7's will it cost a ton more?

2 13w7's with a custom enclosure tuned to ur car, u couldn't possibly want to endure more bass than that... not if you want to be able to hear the phone ring when your 50.. haha

Gold Member

Los Angeles, CA USA

Post Number: 2703
i'd be looking to spend around $500 more if i were to get the 13w7s. i don't think i can fit 2 13w7s in my trunk. i know i said i want to take out my backseat but i might not. i want to have the option of being able to put it in the trunk too.

if i do take out the backseat for sure, i was even thinking 4 12w6s.

Silver Member
Username: Loc_out

Santa Ana, Ca

Post Number: 313
Chad is this the place where you are getting the W7? HA HA HA
image/bmpUpload
untitled.bmp (67.9 k)

Gold Member

Los Angeles, CA USA

Post Number: 2705
lol that is funny. they are not authorized jl dealer. lol. i gotta admit though that place has some sh!t for good price. did you ever see their commercials?

Gold Member
Username: Southernrebel

Monroe, Louisiana USA

Post Number: 2275
Chad...you can do ~150dB in a trunk-car w/ that equipment, but not w/ an SQL setup.

If you want both and SQL and an SPL setup...use interchangable ports. Its the best of both worlds! Just tune your daily port to 30-32hz and then tune your SPL port just below your car resonance freq.

Tuning the SPL port to peak at you res. freq. is the most important thing though! You will have to spend alittle time on a TL to get it tuned right. With a little know-how and work...~150dB if very do-able!

Gold Member

Los Angeles, CA USA

Post Number: 2711
marshall around what db do you think you are hitting on that video you have where you are moving that subway cup.

Silver Member

Santa Ana, Ca

Post Number: 315
For sure Chad, they do have some cheap sh*t... In that place... I got this one shop in SA that is going to do work on my truck.

Gold Member

Los Angeles, CA USA

Post Number: 2712
hey loc_out did you ever go to that place call "super autobac"? its near garden grove i think. they are mainly performance parts store but they do have a decent car audio selection. seriously overpriced but nice.

Silver Member

Santa Ana, Ca

Post Number: 317
i was there maybe 3-4 months ago they have some nice stuff but like you said way overpriced. Some sub called alpha somthing were on sale for 250 buck. they got some good stuff and some bad stuff. I rather buy from the streets. What's the name of the shop where you are getting your stuff done?

Gold Member

Los Angeles, CA USA

Post Number: 2722
discount stereos in norwalk. i should be going there in a couple of weeks to get it done. the place i was gonna go that was going to give me the 12w7s for $1100 isn't an authorized dealer i found out. i checked with the jl audio website and they weren't listed. the discount stereos in norwalk is listed in jl audio site as an authorized dealer so i will be going there. i think i will pay more but i want warranty. don't want to take any chances when i am going to be spending that kinda money on subs.

Silver Member

Santa Ana, Ca

Post Number: 318
I plan on getting 2 12w7 maybe 13w7 not sure yet. I know this one guy at a stereo shop but hes not a authorized dealer so i nee to talk to him and see what he can do for me.. Discount stereo Norwalk? haven't hear about it.. You should go to ANG got some wheels for me....

Gold Member

Monroe, Louisiana USA

Post Number: 2277
Chad,

w/ my daily port (the one in the subway cup vid), i do 138.xdB @ 28hz. I cant remember that that port does in the 40-50hz range though.

I was prolly only hitting 136-139dB consistantly in the vid on those low notes w/ my daily port.

Gold Member

Los Angeles, CA USA

Post Number: 2732
i guess 150 is much louder than i imagined. i thought in the vid you were hitting at least 140-145. i wish there were some competitions around my area so i can hear some cars hitting 150 so i can get an idea how loud that is. i give up trying to hit high dbs. i just want to throw the w7s in a nice sealed and enjoy the sq.

Gold Member

Monroe, Louisiana USA

Post Number: 2279
yes Chad...150dB is crazy loud.

If you have never heard a 150dB system...you havnt lived :-) ("Life begins at 150dB")

by the way...your from LA right? there will be a dBDrag 1X show March 19th in Garden Grove, CA.
Here is a link to the show info...and address:

http://www.termpro.com/asp/members2.asp?Who=13&MemberID=8315

Silver Member
Username: Jprix82

Post Number: 232
hey marshall where can i see that video with the subway cup?

Gold Member

Monroe, Louisiana USA

Post Number: 2282
http://media.putfile.com/subway43

my camera work is kinda spastic...but its an OK vid. i really need to make a better one.

The subway cup in the vid is almost full...you can see the condensation on the outside of the cup. If you look close you can see the line its filled to...just below the top part of the green.

Gold Member

Los Angeles, CA USA

Post Number: 2738
thanks a million marshall. thats only 40 minutes away. i am gonna go check it out.

Gold Member

Queen City, NC USA

Post Number: 1420
"i guess 150 is much louder than i imagined. i thought in the vid you were hitting at least 140-145. i wish there were some competitions around my area so i can hear some cars hitting 150 so i can get an idea how loud that is. i give up trying to hit high dbs"

Chad 150 is sick..... just plain sickk man! Like I said b4 on this forum, 152 will blow your head off! anything ova 150!! I couldnt take it no more.....It vibrated the bone in my nose, like in the middle of my face, far behind my nose........ lol, (that was something I never even felt b4 or know it could happen!) By far NO comparision to anything you heard b4.. Like Marshall said life begins at 150db. Whole diffrent level man! I like my shhh extremely LOUD!!! I want go get to 150 because the lowws, at that range is outta of this universe!! It could shake parts around in your chest. =D Ill be satisified with 150db for a long long time!

Chad you should be happy if u hit 140, thats loud as shhhhhhhhhhhh for daily! People will think you crazy..

Gold Member

Los Angeles, CA USA

Post Number: 2741
lol B you're right. i don't want to drive around with the bone in my nose vibrating. i am gonna go check out the comp marshall gave me the link to. i am sure they will be people hitting 150s over there. i will know for sure how loud that is.

Gold Member

Queen City, NC USA

Post Number: 1426
yea, I understand Chad, now u see 150 is just sickkkk........ really.............

it will set off every single alarm in the mall parking lot!!!!!!!!!! NOT just 2 of them! ALL at the same time!!! If they work, they will come on!!

Alot of people claim to hit 150, thats why its just so freakin funny to me... It takes alot to get those numbers, I doubt they ever heard 150DB on a TL meter b4!

Chad 140 is a more better goal, It will be crazy to do that in a SQ system with sealed box & enough power...

Gold Member

Los Angeles, CA USA

Post Number: 2744
hey marshall this is a picture from that competition from the past. i hope when i go there i don't see a bunch of sony systems there. lol

Upload

Gold Member

Queen City, NC USA

Post Number: 1434
Upload

Upload

Upload

Gold Member
Username: Rovin

Trinidad & T...

Post Number: 6088
AWESOME ^^^ !.....

Gold Member

Monroe, Louisiana USA

Post Number: 2287
Now thats a Street Beat/Bass Race machine :-)

Gold Member

Monroe, Louisiana USA

Post Number: 2288
oh...and i wonder if the owner of that car even grasps the concept of "imaging"

Gold Member

Queen City, NC USA

Post Number: 1437
LOL, YEA, terrible imaging.. hehehe
just some random pics, I have alot but will have to rezise em..

Gold Member

Los Angeles, CA USA

Post Number: 2750
B you have any pics of some awesome sql setup?

Gold Member

Queen City, NC USA

Post Number: 1446
Upload
Upload
Upload
Upload
Upload
Upload
Upload
Upload