Attn: Jonathan

Silver Member
Username: Iufan4lifeul

Post Number: 831
I just read in a post of yours that you consider the RE's good for the money but not the best in SQ. I have 2 of the RE12's and they are a nice SQL sub but I was wondering if there was anything in the same price range that would keep the output the same but increase the SQ. What are your opinions on that? It would be powered with 225rms per sub in a sealed box with 1.25 cubic feet per chamber. I don't want to spend a whole lot more money. I am considering ID's lower lines, JL's lower lines etc. Please give me your opinions! Thanks!

Silver Member

Post Number: 832
I am thinking of the IDQ12" D4. They are rated at 350rms apeice and have AWESOME reviews. I am 99.9% sure the SQ is a ton better. Would the SPL be at least similar if not more than the RE's? Because they are loud enough for me. Also would those ID's be alright with only 200-250rms apeice?

Gold Member
Username: 54danny54

Betsy layne, Kentucky.. USA duh

Post Number: 1336
il give u my opinion...id go with Jl w3v2's if thats in your price range
ive heard em and they sound nice and they will give ya a good bump

Gold Member

Post Number: 1337
ive never heard the IDQ's though

Gold Member
Username: Insearchofbass

Post Number: 4011
Chris outbid me I decided i dont want this

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem%26item%3D8024171029%26& sspagename=STRK%3AMEBI%3AIT%26

Gold Member

Post Number: 4012
Item number: 8024171029 link wont work so heres the item number ...its a image dynamics id12

Silver Member

Post Number: 833
no thanks, I would need 2. And anyway, I haven't made up my mind yet. How would the RE's compare to the ID's as an SQL sub? I might just stick with the RE's.

Gold Member

Post Number: 4016
according to jon i named off morel image dynamics ascendant audio atlas infinity perfects and re's re entry line and he said the image dynamics was the best choice

Gold Member

Post Number: 4017
if you have the re's and you like them stick with that no sense spending more money since you just got those

Silver Member

Post Number: 834
Ya, I heard the musicality of them is supposed to be outstanding which is what I want (not saying the RE's are terrible) but I also want the sub to get loud and deep for rap.

Gold Member

Post Number: 4018
im focusing 100 percent on sq because any sub can be made loud enough for me

Gold Member

Post Number: 4019
can you describe the re's for me im curious on their stregths and weaknesses

Gold Member

Post Number: 4020
well so far looks like im stuck being the high bidder on the id12 image dynamics....ill let you know what its like cuz theres no way i wont install that puppy

Silver Member

Post Number: 835
Hey, if you want I will talk to you tonight on AIM or something. I am at work right now so I can't but I get home at like 11:45 EST or so and I will post on here my AIM screename and stuff if you want.

Gold Member

Post Number: 4021
sure thing

Gold Member

Post Number: 4023
I just won the image dynamics 12 for 50.03 shipped

Gold Member
Username: Jonathan_f

GA USA

Post Number: 5226
REs have good low end performance and do pretty well at high volumes. But, they suck at higher frequencies and can make some mechanical noise when playing hard.

The IDs are very well rounded performers. SPL is pretty much right where the REs are, with much better SQ IMO. From my experience, the IDs are actually a bit louder than the REs with enough power. Very tight, accurate, and deep subs, even the 8". IDQs are even better SQ, with slightly less SPL (not a lot less). IDQs are used very frequently in SQ competition.

Silver Member

Post Number: 836
Thanks Jonathan, I will talk to you tonight when I get home sean. I might be interested in it.

Gold Member

Post Number: 4025
ok let me know but from what jonathan says I might not wanna part with it once I hear it

Gold Member

Post Number: 4026
Holy cow look at this qoute with the id 10

"The bright side is that 30 Hz is easy to get in a vehicle. Not only that, but a smallish 10-inch ID10 in an enclosure of less than 1 cubic foot internal volume will deliver 119 dB at 10 Hz with less than 10% distortion. No (crap). While 119 dB SPL doesn't sound like all that much when you look at what goes down in dB Drag Racing, and although it's fairly comfortable at low frequencies, it's at the threshold of pain in the midrange and treble."

119 db at 10 hz my gosh LOL if thats what the 10 does I just might be keeping the 12 I just got

Gold Member

Post Number: 4027
heres the site I quoted from

http://www.roadgearmag.com/article.asp?section_id=13&article_id=483&page_number=2

Gold Member
Username: Jonathan_f

GA USA

Post Number: 5228
They're little beasts :-). You'll be really happy with the low end.

Gold Member

Post Number: 4029
LOL lickin my chops now Jonathan

Silver Member

Post Number: 837
sounds AWESOME. I had decided I might not go with them but after hearing that I might change my mind. Talk to you all later.

Gold Member

Post Number: 4031
ok chris wait for me and ill let ya know what happens when I build the sealed box size jonathan recommends

Silver Member

Post Number: 838
hey sean, just got home. I am on AOL right now. screename is IUFAN4LIFEUL. Just send me a message.

Gold Member

Post Number: 1355
Chris...u in KY right?
is there any audio shops down there? do they have termlab mics?

Silver Member

Post Number: 839
ya, i am in the ville. Louisville... No, no termlabs to my knowledge.

Gold Member

Post Number: 1356
lol y aint u a wildcat
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us