I Need SPL , HELP

Username: Reloaded

Mebane, NC U.S.A

Post Number: 4
im ready to get my subwoofers now and I want to do so at a reasonable and affordable price. I want SPL for songs that drop like three six mafia and young jeezy. Like for people to hear me from blocks.
Somewhere around 200-300 for a pair of subwoofers.

Gold Member
Username: Tdeaton1021

Near Tampa, Florida USA

Post Number: 1358
2 15 inch SEs from the RE sale.. 167 each.
1 15 SX for 240 from the RE sale for 240
1 18 SX from RE sale for 265 i think
oh oops i just noticed you said a pair..
audioque LWs would be very loud for a low powered system. www.audioque.com

just a few ideas...

Mebane, NC U.S.A

Post Number: 5
Well how would they sound, like i want spl but want it to be able to handle quick responses and different tones. Cause ive heard of subs that only handle certain tones. And how much would 2 of those be? I cant seem to find the prices

Gold Member

Near Tampa, Florida USA

Post Number: 1360
both RE and audioque produce good subs. also if u wanted to look into maybe 2 15 inch kicker CVRs or alpine type Rs.
personally i think CVRs are great for the money.

the RE SEs are 167 each for 15s and 147 each for 12s

the audioques are..

120 for the 12s. they dont make 15s.

the audioques would be great for a budget because they are cheap and only need 300w rms each. ive never heard them but i bet they slam like 300w has never slammed before lol.

Gold Member
Username: Chaunb3400

Huntsville, Alabama U.S.

Post Number: 3036
L7's also, but if u want to be heard from blocks away, ur going to need more money

Mebane, NC U.S.A

Post Number: 6
How long will it take for it to get to me when I order them? I'm Lookin and I cant find it. BTW man whats your aim or msn cause I think its cool for you to help me man. Gotta have someone to have ya back ya know?

Gold Member

Near Tampa, Florida USA

Post Number: 1362
depends on how busy they are. call and ask. as for aim its bucssbchamps007 . bout to go to bed though. n watchya mean to have ur back? lol

n chauncy. not everyone can have 4 15 L7s with 4 sx1250s lol. but i bet 2 audioque LW 12s properly powered and a nice portde box could hit 140 appx.

Mebane, NC U.S.A

Post Number: 7
what ya mean 140 appx . and I meant to have someone that will acutally take there time and help me out with my questions

Gold Member

Huntsville, Alabama U.S.

Post Number: 3039
ChaunChaun3000, and the subs arent that exspensive.lol

Silver Member
Username: Nutty91rs

Bloomington, Indiana USA

Post Number: 334
If you want to be heard from blocks away take all of the sound deadening out of your car, or install a vent in it aimed towards the ground, but don't be surprised when you A. get a ticket B. get it stolen. I hit 150.6 in my Prelude legal (car completely sealed) and you couldn't hear it from 6 feet away, I understand people want to turn heads with loud stereos but I would focus on making it sound good and clean, that way it impresses the people who get in the car with you; besides you have more of a chance of scoring with the girl that gets in your car than the girls that are blocks away ; )

Gold Member

Huntsville, Alabama U.S.

Post Number: 3060
^^agreed.lol

Silver Member
Username: Alex_f

Lawrenceburg, Ky Us

Post Number: 178
do u think u could hear 5 alpine 12's a couple blocks away?

Gold Member

Huntsville, Alabama U.S.

Post Number: 3067
what type of alpines

Silver Member

Lawrenceburg, Ky Us

Post Number: 180
type r's

Gold Member

Huntsville, Alabama U.S.

Post Number: 3068
pretty sure if u have no dynamat, u should be heard from a couple of blocks away, if there all properly powered

Silver Member

Lawrenceburg, Ky Us

Post Number: 181
thats cool. how far away can urs be heard? lol

Gold Member

Huntsville, Alabama U.S.

Post Number: 3069
im not sure, b4 i edead'ed my truck i was told i could be heard about 3 or 4 blocks away

Silver Member

Lawrenceburg, Ky Us

Post Number: 182
it seems every time i get new subs, i like them. then after about 2 months i start to not like them. i would hate to get a system built and then not like it

Silver Member

Lawrenceburg, Ky Us

Post Number: 186
chauncey, i know i ask a lot of questions about different subs, but would 2 jl 10" w7 subs be better than the alpines? what would you want

Username: Southern_bass

Jacksonville, Florida U.S.

Post Number: 10
2 jl's

Silver Member

Lawrenceburg, Ky Us

Post Number: 189
anyone else?

Mebane, NC U.S.A

Post Number: 8
Well I went ahead and purchased a 15-PR154D and a vented slot box for it both MEMPHIS. I have warranty and I have 30 days for a refund if it doesnt satisfy me. The box barely fits in my trunk its huge.

Gold Member

Huntsville, Alabama U.S.

Post Number: 3078
i would take the jl's as well, but if it where 2 10w7's, and 5 alpine type r's. The r's would kill the the jl's in spl, but the w7's would kill in sq

Silver Member
Username: Baseball1187

Columbia, SC

Post Number: 330
this generic post always makes me laugh...

WHY do you wanna be heard outside of your car? Aren't YOU inside? Plus, the more you let get out, the less you can hear inside. The car audio noobs (like everybody once was) always thinks they need "5" subs and 5Kw to be heard. That's not true. Plus, if you wanna be "heard", roll your window down... I always managed to turn heads with my single Avalanche. yes one sub, not 5.

Gold Member
Username: Insearchofbass

Post Number: 3882
" Like for people to hear me from blocks. "

Just a thought here but yeah they might be able to hear you from blocks but how long will you be able to hear properly before the Loud system damages your hearing and you cant hear that audio system and its details you love so much?

Just lookin out not bashing ya

Gold Member
Username: Insearchofbass

Post Number: 3883
I could be heard with my two 6.5's but definately with just one 6.5 if I wanted to... 130 db with two but 124 db with one and thats at 43 hz
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us