How do I wire this up?

Anonymous

So im not gonna lie, I am very new at this whole thing, I have a 15" diamond M3 in a sealed box and a Kenwood KAC-818, how do i wire it up?

I got confused because the sub has hook ups on both sides, and someone said that you run speaker output to one side, and back from the other to these other hook ups on the amp...

I dont know

HELP ME!

and is this a good enough amp for that sub?

and if it is i dont know what to put the amp settings at..

Gold Member
Username: Glasswolf

NorthWest, Michigan USA

Post Number: 2434
did you try reading the manual for the amp?

if you really don't have any idea where to even start, consider letting a professional do the work, and just paying to get it done.

Robert J
Unregistered guest
that is what you should do, it will cost about 50 to a 100 at your local car audio install places. but what is great is you can later take the system apart and put it back together and learn how they did it so when you upgrade your system you can install it yourself. and trust me you will upgrade.

Best Buy
i think hhgreg
and circut city all install car audio

Username: Cj80

BFEGermany

Post Number: 2
terminals on both sides of sub? DVC..or Dual Voice Coil..not likely Quad Terminals or you wouldn't even ask about it, you'd take it straight and have it professionally installed. Take about 1 Foot of excess speaker wire..hook positive/negative up on "one" side of the sub..wrap the wire around and hook that up to negative/positive on the other side of the sub also. so the voice coils are hooked up to themselves. now run the wire which will hook up to the speaker terminals on the amp and hook them up on "one positive/negative" side of the sub only. You should have one side with 2 positive/negative wires running in it. Now hook that up Bridged to your amp..Kenwood always show bridged polarities(negative,positive).

You've wired a series/parallel which will have the sub running a 2 ohm load.

TIP: MAKE SURE YOU RUN POSITIVE TO NEGATIVE ON YOUR SUBWOOFERS VOICE COILS OR "HOOK UPS" and OF COURSE POSITIVE TO POSITIVE, NEG. TO NEG. FROM SUB TO AMP.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us