Advice on volfenhag zx-4812dvx

Username: Xcrunner13

Post Number: 1
I don't really know much about subwoofers, but i was just looking for a single 12 inch sub that would sound good in my honda accord 2000. I bought the volfenhagen zx-4812dvx 1200 watt but can't have it installed till my new headunit comes and i can't return the sub after 10 days. I hooked up the sub to my friends amp which only runs about 800 watt max and the sub was not loud at all, i think it might be cause i didn't have it in a box, but i don't know. Anyway, if it is going to sound crappy i want to take it back and get something good...anyone have advice?

PutItInABox
Unregistered guest
it shouldn't make very much noise at all if it isn't in an enclosure, phase cancelation and all, put it in a box, and try it again...

wholesale1
Unregistered guest
yea most non free air subs wont have much bass without a box.
1)try a sealed or a ported box (use the subs rec. box dem.)
2)use a 600 watt RMS 1200 watt MAX mono amp.

Post Number: 2
thanks for the advice, i'll try it in a box and see if i like it. I have the pd-395 amp 1200 max. Does anyone know if that amp and the sub (zx-4812dvx) are any good? i'm not looking to blow my doors off or anything i just want nice bass.

burnedbyVolfengag
Unregistered guest
you're not going to blow your doors off or anything with that sub...

maybe if you had more than one...

Post Number: 3
is it good tho?

Post Number: 4
A friend of mine recently bought a subwoofer package from circuit city the alphasonik q-reference package, which has 2 10" subs both with 400 watt peak power. Is the volfenhag 12" zx-4812dvx 1200 watt max at least as good as that?

Username: Iwasanonynous

Middle of, Indiana USA

Post Number: 2
I have the previous model, 1000watts max, and I love it, I am happy with the way it sounds, but
it isn't very loud...

search google, for every person who has p[osted something bad about volfenhag, there is someone who has something good to say about them.

I am only using mine from 20hz up to 65hz, in a sealed box. if you are willing to have it reproduce a smaller frequency range then it will probably make you happy.

but listen for yourself, hear what people tell you, but remember that their ears are not yours...

I think that I am the only one who hasn't had a bad experience with volfenhag

Gold Member
Username: Glasswolf

NorthWest, Michigan USA

Post Number: 2336
and that last statement should tell you everything you really need to know.

Bronze Member
Username: Vipersbyms

Post Number: 32
return it asap. 1 12" JL w0 will do u nicely. its not loud, but sounds good. can be picked up at a local shop for $100, or online for even cheaper. only 125 watts rms, so u dont need a big amp, it will sound good, but not really loud, get 2 if u want. 2 12" kicker comp vr's can be picked up on ebay for $150 shipped. maybe a little louder than you would want, but for the price u just cant go wrong. by the way, how much did you pay for the volfenhag?
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us