Bass guitar to subwoofers

Username: Possibleretard

Post Number: 1
i want to connect my bass guitar to my subwoofers. how could i do it? somehow the phonejack from the guitar would have to connect to the amp either by rca jacks or bare wire (not sure, i dont have an amp yet)

basically i want things to connect like this...

bass guitar - amp - subwoofers

is it possible?

Silver Member
Username: Solacedagony

New Jersey US

Post Number: 594
I'm pretty sure you'd have to have a preamp to hook that up, but I'm also pretty sure you wouldn't want to endanger your equipment by doing so since it wasn't made to play live instruments through.

Silver Member
Username: Bestmankind

Los Angeles, CA USA

Post Number: 283
you are going to blow your speakers.

Silver Member
Username: Jakeyplaysbass

Post Number: 179
bass guitars hit alot higher notes than subwoofers...the speakers in your bass guitar is like one big mid.

Silver Member
Username: Bdb_86

Bemidji, MN Usa

Post Number: 249
well your guitar has a bult in preamp but no amp control what i would recomend doing that i think would be pretty cool is get any cd deck of your choice that has an input on it or you may already have one either way there not hard to come by, then go to your local electronics shop or even a dj shop and get a phonejack to rca wire and you well be set good luck man and dont turn it up to loud a bass guitar could blow speakers easly

Silver Member
Username: Bestmankind

Los Angeles, CA USA

Post Number: 301
if you connect to the cd deck than you will definately blow your components or 6x9s.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us