Soundsplinter Subs

Silver Member
Username: Joebruce

KY U.S.A.

Post Number: 261
How good are soundsplinter subs? Which sub is better RE XXX,Adire Audio Brahma,Ascendant Audio Avalanche,or Soundsplinter Rl-p?Would the soundsplinter be better than a 12w6v2?

Gold Member
Username: Invain

Michigan United States

Post Number: 4046
They all have their advantages. And, no the Rl-p isn't better than the w6v2. I've heard both. I was a little disappointed at the sq of the Soundsplinter actually, didn't quite go as low as I expected it to, but still a great sub for the money.

Gold Member
Username: Mikechec9

Http://www.cardomain.c...

Post Number: 1455
could have sworn i replied already.
soundsplinter makes very quality subs.
the rl-i is a 8"-10" sq sub with decent output
the rl-p has clean high output and gets quite low
the rl-s i havn't heard, but Mike tells me it has superior sq and output to the rl-p. it just takes significantly more volume and power.

the brahma has the best sq, in my (biased) opinion, and it has great output.
the xxx has superior output to the brahma and comparable sq.
the avalanche has good output and sq, but lacks the response of the above stated. still great output and sq though.
the w6v2 is a sq beast. its very full and involving, and supremely accurate. a great sounding sub with decent output, just not matchnig the above stated (in output).

sq-

(havn't heard the rl-s)

1) brahma, w6v2, xxx pretty even
2) Rl-p,
3) Avalanche

output-

1) xxx
2) brahma
3) rl-p/avalanche
4) w6v2

Gold Member
Username: Mikechec9

Http://www.cardomain.c...

Post Number: 1456
" I was a little disappointed at the sq of the Soundsplinter actually, didn't quite go as low as I expected it to.."

all the rl's are extremely install specific. they work best in ported enclosures and the dimensions are the difference between great and the disappointment your likely referring to. your not the first. i would definately call mike and give him the specifics of the application before moving forward. the low-end extension and output are the sub's M.O.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us