HELP! --------Strange Stuff--------What's going on?

ticked&confused
Unregistered guest
I have a 2003 Eclipse and i just put a couple 10's in it for personal use about two months ago. When it was first installed the Interfire IB2600 amp was screwed onto the back seat, & still is. It worked fine for about 1 1/5 months and then it just stopped playing when the seat was up. When the seat is down, it played fine. Lately when the seat is too far down it stops playing and it still does not play when the seat is up so i have to have it in the middle if i want some bass. I already checked all the wring and nothing is lose and i am totally lost. There is a Infinity stock amp that the aftermarket amp is wired through, does that do anything? (keeping in mind it worked great for a while) Does anybody know what might be going on?

ekaj
Unregistered guest

Gold Member
Username: Tdeaton1021

Near Tampa, Florida USA

Post Number: 1217
when you put ur seat up and down is it possible that the motion touches any wires? my brother used to have a system that when he would put the seat up it pullde on the RCA and when he put it back down to look at it, it looked like nothing was wrong. took a while to figure out...

Bronze Member
Username: Subman15

Lwarenceburg, Kentucky United states

Post Number: 41
it could also be your power wires that are touching. that happened to me with my home recieiver. the wires were too big for the terminal, and they stuck out and touched

Silver Member
Username: Fandim

Reno, Nevada United State...

Post Number: 408
It might just be a short. Might want to open it up, and check out the contact the terminals are making internally with the componets they need to be making contact with. It could be that when it's at a certain angle, the terminal is loose, and actually looses contact in certain posistions. I had this happen with a capacitor I was using, took awhile to figure out what exactly the problem was. Just my advice. :-)

seth
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us