Decent Bass for 300 dollars?

James Palanza
Unregistered guest
Is it possible to get decent bass for 300 (including an amp?) I'm more worried about loud low vibrating bass than quality - but I dont want it to sound like TOTAL crap lol.

Bronze Member
Username: Young_james

Canada

Post Number: 100
Dude, it's nearly impossible to get a loud system for 300 (including) an amp. The only possible way is buying used or extremely low quality gear, and that's not a great idea. I tried to get a cheap system, but shortly found myself spending up to $600 and that's just a small, starter system.

Silver Member
Username: Chaunb3400

Huntsville, Alabama U.S.

Post Number: 852
like muddy says, save now and get what u want

Upload

Bronze Member
Username: Rideredder

Cornell, IL USA

Post Number: 92
Go to this website www.internetsoundsolutions.com
I'm sure you can put something together with $300.
It might not be a very reliable system, but if you want cheap, this is the way to go.

Bronze Member
Username: Dustin3

Tigard, Or U.S.

Post Number: 72
ebay get an amp = 180 bucks and a 12" sub for 110$

Silver Member
Username: Cenus

Hicksville, Ohio Usa

Post Number: 576
this setup would be good, get kinda loud, and have great sq, 1 kicker kx200.2 amp $130-150 dependig were u get it, and 1 12 or 15inch RE re sub i think there like $80 on their website. so lets just say $250 total so u would get a good begginer system and still have money left over.

Silver Member

Huntsville, Alabama U.S.

Post Number: 853
www.ikesounds.com
is also a good site

Silver Member

Huntsville, Alabama U.S.

Post Number: 854
oops www.ikesound.com

Silver Member
Username: Iufan4lifeul

Post Number: 650
dustin, the RE re doesn't come in 15" sadly :-(. If you want as loud as you can get it james try this. It might be kinda cool expirement.

1 of these - Audiobahn 1000rms subs (dual 2 ohm) http://cgi.ebay.com/Audiobahn-AW1505N-15-1000W-RMS-Sub-NEW-2005-AW1505Q_W0QQitem Z5825145351QQcategoryZ58034QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem
It is $144
Put that in a 5 cubic foot ported box tuned to 30Hz.

And 1 of these- Hifonics Titan (1000rmsX1@1 ohms)
http://cgi.ebay.com/HIFONICS-TX1005D-TITAN-CLASS-D-AMP-1000-WATT-NEW_W0QQitemZ58 25183122QQcategoryZ18797QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

$160

Total of $300. Build your own box through tutorials online. Wire the stuff to 1 ohm so you can get the most out of that amp. Both of those things are overrated so you should be fine as far as both being the same power.

Silver Member
Username: Sploosh56

Ohio

Post Number: 959
http://www.crutchfield.com/S-80fwCe2MAgC/cgi-bin/ProdView.asp?g=208250&I=700HAM1 99

http://www.crutchfield.com/S-80fwCe2MAgC/cgi-bin/ProdView.asp?g=208250&I=700HAM3 49

either of them setups would be decent in a ported box tuned to around 30 hz

Silver Member

Hicksville, Ohio Usa

Post Number: 581
opps my bad i thought they made a re15 guess i was wrong, but still one re12 in a nice ported box with that kicker amp would be 100 times nicer than any audiobahn setup.

Silver Member
Username: Iufan4lifeul

Post Number: 658
Only reason I recommended audiobahn was cause he said he was mainly interested in SPL. You can't deny that 1 1000rms audiobahn with a 1000rms Hifonics amp will get fairly loud. It might not sound good but hey....

James Palanza
Unregistered guest
Hey, yeah, that kx200.2 is nice, it says you have to bridge it though, is there any downside to that?

James Palanza
Unregistered guest
Gah, my wireing in my car for my amp is 4 AWG cable, and I think kicker only fits 8 AWG, atleast for the 200.2. I'd like to get the 400.1, but if I'm going to spend 160 on a 400.1, I mise well get a nice JL 250/1?

Planning on powering a 12 inch re

Silver Member
Username: Bestmankind

Post Number: 107
yeah i do have one audiobahn 1500rms hooked up to my kx1200.1 and it is loud but not clean. i used to have two of those hooked to it til i found out having one would be a lot louder.

James Palanza
Unregistered guest
Oh hey, whats the deal with refurbs? I know buying refurbished parts for computers isnt always that big of a disaster, they are normally new (without warrenty), same thing applies here? Is it alright to buy an amp that is refurbished new?

Silver Member

Hicksville, Ohio Usa

Post Number: 585
ya the audiobahn setup would probaly get louder, but the re/kicker setup would be a lot better, ya that kicker amp won't allow 4ga wire, and that jl would be nice but u might be pushing your budget if you plan to get it.

James Palanza
Unregistered guest
Yeah, I see what you mean.. are there any kickers that support 4ga? Like, does the 400.1?

Silver Member

Hicksville, Ohio Usa

Post Number: 588
im pretty sure the kx600.1 does but that out of your price range, and i would think that the 400.1 would also but im not 100% sure, another amp to look at could be the mtx 421d[i think thats what its called] its a nice amp and would power the re sub perfectly.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us