Any personal tips for...

Bronze Member
Username: Andrew571

Post Number: 25
Keeping your amp/subs from being stolen - my amp is mounted on the back of a rear seat and can be seen through the rear window...my side windows are tinted but I am afraid of someone taking advantage of my sound system...I was thinking about putting a blanket or cover over the amp and sub while im not in the car... Any things you guys do to hide your stuff?

Silver Member
Username: Mixneffect

Orangevale, Ca. USA

Post Number: 450
Install an alarm. Build stealth enclosures for your amp and speakers.

Best security is not to blast arround. If you have a system of 300 watts or less it will probably not get that loud outside the vehicle, and therefore keeps advertising down to a minimum.

Username: Brotch

Frederick, MD USA

Post Number: 1
i have 3 JL W6's do u think its a good trade to trade those for 1 alpine type x?

Bronze Member
Username: Wolf_hound

Post Number: 91
Andrew dont blast the system around where you live cause most of the time its people who know you got a system that will then try to steal it from you. When you go to like stores or something you might as well cover it with a towel. Also if you dont have money for an alarm you should at least install a kill switch so the car wont start and hide the switch under the seat or somewhere where it cant be seen.

Bronze Member
Username: Andrew571

Post Number: 26
Yea i have an alarm, so i am pretty confident it's safe, but i read forums where people have top of the line security systems, yet smart theives still get the goods - i think im gunna go with covering with a blanket and parking in strategic places.

Silver Member
Username: Chaunb3400

Huntsville, Alabama U.S.

Post Number: 799
Get a handycap sticker, and park up front

Silver Member
Username: Theelfkeeper

Stockbridge, GA USA

Post Number: 472
basically, if someone really wants your stuff, they will get it. just don't blast it like said above, show it off or brag about it to people you don't know. bolt everything down. someone in another thread said they strip out the screw heads so no one else can unscrew their stuff. also sound deadning your car will keep it quieter on the outside.

Silver Member
Username: Mixneffect

Orangevale, Ca. USA

Post Number: 452
A phat car audio system is like a phat girlfriend.

Watch your back Jack!

Gold Member
Username: Rovin

Trinidad & T...

Post Number: 1874
"i have 3 JL W6's do u think its a good trade to trade those for 1 alpine type x?"

- i'd stay with the JLs ........

Bronze Member
Username: Nutty91rs

Bloomington, Indiana USA

Post Number: 23
There was a big rash of break ins and car stereos being stolen in Bloomington at my apartment complex but I never got hit. What I did was keep it down around the complex, ALWAYS put the back seat up (covering the amp) when I parked, I would put a small towel over my remote and parked under a street lamp. My head unit didn't have a removable face but it was solid black, if yours is removable REMOVE IT. I would keep stuff like umbrellas and church pamphlets in my side seats to make the car look like an old lady owned it, and i never put any stickers on the outside advertising what brands of stuff I had. The sad thing is though usually it will be one of your friends, or there friends who decide they want your stuff, so they'll know what you have how it's installed and sometimes were you keep your keys.

Silver Member
Username: Astrosafari

Delhi, Ontario Canada

Post Number: 101
i have a bully security alram in my van, it just really really loud and it sounds like people screaming, i would hate to be seen or heard breakin ginto my van, it would 1st scare the crap ot of me then embaras me. i dont like my alarm im going to upgrade.

Silver Member
Username: Astrosafari

Delhi, Ontario Canada

Post Number: 104
bulldog security alarm**** i forgot the name.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us