Kicker L7's ?????

Silver Member
Username: Racer501

ND USA

Post Number: 132
What is the big deal with Kicker's L7's or L5's? I know of a guy who has 2 12 of them and they sound awesome. Would they be better then Kicker Comp VR's? It kinda interesting but i would have to end up getting 2 amps instead of the one to power my subs. What are all the pro's and Con's of the L7's and L5's?

Gold Member
Username: Southernrebel

Monroe, Louisiana USA

Post Number: 1225
L7's and L5's get loud...but they just dont have the sound quality that many of us here on this forum look for. (but sound quality is totally subjective...if you are used to hearing solobarics, you my really like the way they sound...but once you hear something like a properly install adire brahma or idmax, your idea of "this sounds good" will totally change.)

if installed correctly, they can sound pretty good...but IMO, you can get better the the same price (if not less).

Gold Member
Username: Basshead86

Ocala, FL USA

Post Number: 1973
Pros: they get loud as balls, they are relatively inexpensive, and they look cool(to some people)

Cons:they sound like crap while they are getting loud, they fall apart easy due to increased stress points on the surround b/c they are square. and they have a high failure rate due to other inefficiencies of their cheap build design.

Gold Member

Ocala, FL USA

Post Number: 1974
and by relatively inexpensive, i meant for their loudness and power handling.:-)

Gold Member
Username: Taylor17

Kopperl, Texas

Post Number: 3017
And CVR's are sql subs... good for the price... get pretty loud, and don't sound that bad.
They won't get as loud as a Solo though, but you could buy 2 CVR's for the price of 1 L5, and almost 4 for the price of a new L7.

Silver Member

ND USA

Post Number: 133
So do the CVR's have better sql then L5's or L7's? i know a guy who has some L7's and they sound sweet i cant make any bass beats outa it but i kinda kool how u can feel it and then he went and bought 2 $200-$300 2 inch tweeters for his dash so he can here the trebel of his rap

Gold Member

Ocala, FL USA

Post Number: 2046
the CVR's will sound better than the:
L7 = "i cant make any bass beats outa it but i kinda kool how u can feel it"

but they will not be louder.
if you want some clean, loud bass, check out the CVR's. i doubt they will dissapoint you in either department, unless you want your to be as loud as his. lol

Bronze Member
Username: Aooo

Post Number: 63
Sorry for being dunb... I never heared of CVR. I don't think we have them locally (Israel) is it the name of the company just CVR?

Gold Member

Ocala, FL USA

Post Number: 2047
no it is one of the sub models of a company called Kicker.

they go in order of power handling: Comp, Comp VR(CVR), L5, L7, Solo-X.

does that help?:-)
http://www.kicker.com/05/05kicker.html

Platinum Member
Username: Glasswolf

Wisteria, Lane USA

Post Number: 10656
here's the big issue with the square subs (and to an extent, any non-round speaker)

At higher excursions, the driver's cone is put under a lot of stress. This stress will distort the shape of the cone if the pressures exerted are unequal at various points around the cone of the driver, more so than if the cone was round, and pressure was exerted equally throughout the area of the cone's surface.
The cone distortion exhibited in the solobaric subs colors the sound, which is a form of audible distortion.
There are other problems with these subs as wlel, such as frequent surround separation due to poor quality, lead slap and separation due to design flaws, and cone cracking due again to the shape of the cone and forces it has to withstand at high output levels.
The subs are just poorly designed, and poorly built. They may get loud, but they aren't that good for accuracy or SQ at high volumes compared to better subs in their price range.

Silver Member

ND USA

Post Number: 134
SO me going with a kicker CVR is a good choice then i think im getting a heck of a deal for 2 CVR's for $200 with shipping and handling im not all for ebay cause u can get riped off there. But is there another better sub for SQ for the same price to were i can get 2? I know this is kinda off of the topic but can I?

Gold Member

Kopperl, Texas

Post Number: 3052
www.woofersetc.com has the best price on 12 CVR's... $89 a piece. For $100 you're not going to find much better.
Some people might say a 12 RE RE, but I'd say the CVR is a little better.

Silver Member

ND USA

Post Number: 135
hey man i ben lookin through that sight and i have found eqlipse subs ther to alonge with amps and who knows what else how are the cheap eqlipse subs there?

Silver Member
Username: Kd7nfr

Montpelier, ID United States

Post Number: 992
Jake: what about Eclipse? You need to use proper grammer when asking questions...

Silver Member

ND USA

Post Number: 136
haha srry bout that i was just in a lil bit of a hurry when typing that but i was wondering what the cheaper eclipse subs on www.woofersetc.com are like im pretty sure there better then the CVR's but not quite it says there new subs... and what about ther amps? if i get a amp and sub of the same brand i got a guy who will help me install them all which would be quite nice since i dont know much about it

Silver Member

ND USA

Post Number: 137
???

Silver Member
Username: Tdisanto

Post Number: 276
im not sure about their lowest model subs, but the Aluminums are better than the CVRs imo.

Eclipse amps are very good. So if you go with the Aluminums (or Tis, those would be real good) than an Eclipse amp would suite you nicely

Silver Member

ND USA

Post Number: 139
ok so if i do end up deciding on one low priced eqlipse and amp from then wouldnt be bad?

Gold Member

Kopperl, Texas

Post Number: 3053
Nope, not bad at all.:-)

Silver Member

ND USA

Post Number: 141
has any one ever used there new eclipse subs before? i wouldnt mind if someone had like a personal experience with them
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us