Jl audio 10W3v2 versus RE SE 10"

Bronze Member
Username: Thigpen

RVA, Va Usa

Post Number: 45
im looking at getting either 2 10 w3s or 2 10" SEs, trying to figure out which is a better setup. the W3s cost 175 and the SEs cost what 169? the amp for the W3s would be a 500/1 which would run me 400, and the amp for the SEs would be a kicker kx 1200.1 which would cost me about 400 also for one with a warranty. im making the box now out of 1" mdf plywood. basically what i want to know is which sub is better. i want about even SQ and SQL, i listen to every type of music so quality is important, but i also want some power to rock my car when im in the mood. any input would be appreciated, thanks.

Silver Member
Username: Matt12490

Benicia, California

Post Number: 228
I would deffinetly choose the RE & Kicker setup... I think that setup would get louder and both would have good SQ, but with the RE's being 2 times the power, I think they should get louder. Also, becuase most people dont know who Rensonant Engineering is and JL is overated by people and everyone has them. Oh, and on top of all that, I'm a big RE fan.
Just my 2 Cents

Bronze Member

RVA, Va Usa

Post Number: 46
what about in the dependability field? im looking for some subs that arent just going to be good for 6 months, im looking for something that will be reliable for the long shot because i dont want to spend a decent amount of money and then it be gone in less than a year. ive heard jl is pretty durable and dependable but what about RE? and if anyone else has their .02 about which of the two to chose pls post a reply because im building the box in less thana week and gotta pick which sub to build the box's specs to

Bronze Member
Username: Gavbo211

US

Post Number: 78
I have never personally heard the SE's but i will say that u cant go wrong with that JL setup. I personally own two 10w3v2's and im using just about the crappiest amp imaginable to push them with and they still sound amazing... two of them with 500/1 is like a wet dream to me lol... Im not sayin go with the JL setup over the RE, im just sayin that for sound and dependability u cant go wrong with the JL's.

Silver Member
Username: Ucfsaxman

Oviedo/orlando, Fl

Post Number: 149
ya i agree w/ gavin i have 3 12w3v2's and i love them so much. I can't speak for the SE's b/c i haven't heard them i wish i could but no one around here has any of the less known brands. JL is not overrated if money is a big concern then maybe. but if you go soley on how they perform they will not disappoint.

Gold Member
Username: Mikechec9

Http://www.cardomain.c...

Post Number: 1028
i had 3 sealed w3's with 250w/sub. and while they were loud as all out, i agree with glass in that they tended to get a bit muddy in the higher frequencies.
havn't heard the se, but i know it has more sq than the sx. i also like the build of the se considerably more than the relatively dated design of the lower jl models.
now if you were to have compared the w6, i'd say confidently that there is no better sq sub available at low to moderate levels.
i'd vote se.

Bronze Member

RVA, Va Usa

Post Number: 47
thanks mike gavin and sax man.. money is kind of an issue, but only to a certain extent. im not buying them myselves, its going to be basically my whole x-mas present, which doesnt sadden me, because its what i do every year. i bought a 500 snowboard, 240 bindings, and a few other odds and ins last year. so i figure if i push about 700-800 this year it wont be a problem. the reason i never really considered the W6's is because then i have the spend twice as much on an amp which would push me way over that limit. i want good SQ but i want them to be able to hit hard too, so i guess thats SQL? by yalls abbreviations that im new to. if anyone else has ever heard of the RE SE's or has any input on what the RE's are like that would be great. i see people talking about SEs on here all the time but i dont think ive ever heard from someone who actually owned one.. any more input would be awesome, thanks

Bronze Member
Username: Ishkabobble55

Post Number: 83
hey my cousin has a 10w3v2 and i have a se10, there both very nice subs but i have to saygo for the SE it will get louder and they would both sound amazing but no one has RE audio and they'll be like thats crap until you turn it up, then they'll crawl back to circuit city and complain about the crap that they bought for a billion dollars... any way both setups sound great but the se for price, reliability, overall service from RE, and the fact that its gonna be louder and sound better while doing it!!
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us