Off topic but very important!!!

Gold Member
Username: Carguy

Post Number: 4341
This is a warning from the news stations:
Gas price will sky rocket again! So fill up today or tomorrow the lastest. After that, it's anyone's guess.
I'll be filling up my car and gas tanks.
The greedy "A" holes are warning the prices will go higher than the Katrina storm.
It's mind boggling how lot of people allow oil companies to r*pe us whenever there's a storm. If any any other company tried this, they'd be burnt down and boycotted.
Us people in Canada will get screwed again and the only excuse we'll get is how they have no choice but to raise gas prices, cause should they had to export, that is how much it'll cost.
The only freaking problem is, we make 90% of we use here, and we have never exported.

Silver Member
Username: Chaunb3400

Huntsville, Alabama U.S.

Post Number: 105
Thanx for the info, but I figured it would happen again

Gold Member
Username: Illuminator

USA

Post Number: 1678
I didn't know you lived in Canada...I've heard some talk about getting a bill (or equivalent) passed so gas prices wouldn't suffer so dramatically at first when a major crisis hit here in the U.S...

I'm assuming the boosted gas prices will be from hurricane Rita?

Gold Member

Post Number: 4343
Yup. The only problem here is, any money made by the gas company is PURE profit. We have tons of supply. Can't remember the last we even had a shortage.
It's just highway robbery. I think these same crooks would charge 10x or more if a storm occured in Canada (knock on wood).
I think the only way you guys (states) will ever understand is, if 90% of your oil useage were produced there. Then you can see why people here are pi$$ed.

Silver Member
Username: Mixneffect

Orangevale, Ca. USA

Post Number: 371
So true. My company pays for my gas, but in order for me to get a raise in my gas allowance I had to eat it until I could prove it. These crooks raise prices on estimates/predictions. You are right. Any other company that would attempt this would definetly be boycotted.

The way I see it is, its kinda like having bad cops. They abuse their power because they know most people would just give in. Not to jack this thread, but paying a fine of $351 for parking in a handicap parking space (if you dont have legal permission) is a racket. The only reason I say this is because that money doesnt benefit the handicap, just the gov.

Gold Member

Post Number: 4346
We might have to bring back Robbinhood from the grave.

Need4Bass
Unregistered guest
Just be glad you can still buy gas. After Katrina hit we couldn't even buy gas for days around here.

Gold Member

Post Number: 4350
Instead of "work for food" sign, we might have to use "work for oil" soon.

Need4Bass
Unregistered guest
I'm going to look up the guys that converted their van to run on old vegetable oil! Just skip the pumps and hit the Mickey D's drive throught!

Bronze Member
Username: Tj80

Vancouver, BC Canada

Post Number: 52
Mickey D's doesn't use vegetable oil... ;) 100% horse.

Gold Member
Username: Basshead86

Ocala, FL USA

Post Number: 1382
he is right though, they do make conversion kits for diesel motors to run off vegetable oil and a few other additives, BioDiesel is one of the companies that does it.

Bronze Member
Username: Young_james

Canada

Post Number: 11
good news.......I had the news on tonight and the spokeperson said that the gas prices are NOT going to increase. It was all just one huge rumor. She continued to say that they are watching the hurricane and it could rise over the next week or two. This is coming from Newfoundland, Canada, so hopefully it's the same everywhere else!!

Gold Member

Post Number: 4360
Don't get your hopes up. Once the storm hits the land on Friday night, I guranatee you the price will rise.
Like they say, once a crook, always a crook. This certainly applies to the oil companies. When was the last time they actually lowered the gas cause they made too much money?

pothead
Unregistered guest
sh!t i was gonna fill up yesterday night coming home from work but i was sleepy so i decided to just go straight home then this morning i wake up go to the store and fiil up and it went up 10cents overnight it was 2.89 yesterday today 2.99 i guess tomorrow it will be 3.09 for 87 unleaded. WTF? the storm hasnt even hit and its already going up these b@stards are r@ping us hard! man they say that 5% of the us oil supply goes tru texas what the f#ck happened to the other 95% if its only 5% it shouldnt really hurt us. whats happening in canada lol the storm isnt even close to there there is no reason why the gas should go up there.

Silver Member
Username: Kd7nfr

Montpelier, ID United States

Post Number: 857
It went down five cents here, about five hours after I filled up...
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us