3 random questions...

Silver Member
Username: Iufan4lifeul

Louisville, Kentucky

Post Number: 418
#1. If I buy an amplifier kit on ebay does it REALLY matter what company? Like I could probably get a Power Acoustik 4 ga. power kit for like $20. Would that be fine?

#2. For the song late night tip. There are 3 MAIN frequencies the song has. With my 2 RE12's in a sealed box, the highest of the three is LOUD, the middle is pretty loud, and the low is not very loud. What causes this? I noticed this with my other subwoofers too.

#3. I know that AM/FM isn't as good quality and stuff as a CD but for a CD to be REALLY REALLY loud, I have to have it between 30 and 40 (out of like 61) on my Pioneer Premier 460MP HU. But for the radio to be just as loud I need to crank it up to like 50. Is that normal? It really isn't distorted at 50.

Thanks in advance

Gold Member
Username: Invain

Michigan United States

Post Number: 3589
#1, Not reall, wire is wire; but if I were you just get a kit from www.knukonceptz.com - last kit I got form them was 4 gauge, I think with shipping it was something like 32 bucks, and you can trust all of their products. The main problem with $hitty company's amp kits is the actual sizes of the wire. There's qutie a few that falsy advertise the wire size.

#2 That just happens to be the frequency responce of your subs. What size sealed box are they in? If you really wanted to get more low end out of them you could try a slightly larger box.

#3 Radio signals are weak because of the distance they travel, of course your gonna need to turn the volume up more to compensate.

Silver Member
Username: Basshead86

Ocala, FL USA

Post Number: 969
radio isn't as strong of an input signal, a CD is direct.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us