Cast your votes: Most Reputable Brand Name in the Industry

Silver Member
Username: Phuktupbasshead

Scottsdale, Arizona United State...

Post Number: 219
Mainly, a reputation issue. From what you've heard or come to know of brand names... please vote to indicate YOUR CHOICE for MOST REPUTABLE BRAND NAME IN THE INDUSTRY. Your expertise, knowledge, first hand experience, and opinions are greatly valued and appreciated. First hand experience is, without a doubt, the most accurate vote - however all input is welcome. An explanation for your vote is not required, but encouraged.

We thank you very much for participating.
Voting results will be revealed within 1 week.

Silver Member
Username: Bananakrill

Vallejo, California

Post Number: 174
Eclipse

Gold Member
Username: Suleman36

Maryland U.S.A.

Post Number: 2092
JL Audio from my experiences.

Gold Member
Username: Subfanatic

Ky

Post Number: 4790
I highly Prefer Eclipses quality and just all around subs, but i would have to give this one to either Ascendant Audio or RE audio because of there customer service along with there great products

Bronze Member
Username: Jundi

Post Number: 13
In my opnion Jl Audio and Alpine from what I have experienced they have by far the best customer service and customer satisfaction

Silver Member
Username: Acevolkov

Springfield, Missouri United Stated

Post Number: 115
RE audio

Gold Member
Username: Jonathan_f

GA USA

Post Number: 4511
For high end drivers, raw or component systems, the three top manufacturers in my book are SEAS, Scan-Speak, and Dynaudio. SEAS shows up in car components like Rainbow and in their own car systems, the SEAS Lotus component systems. Scan-speak shows up in the Alpine F#1 Status systems. Dynaudio produces their own component systems. My vote goes to SEAS Excel drivers, with the correct x-over and notch filter, they are cleanest, clearest, most transparent midrange drivers I've ever heard, second only to electrostatics in my book. Midbass is incredibly accurate, though the 7" and 5.5" drivers don't get that low. They're just tricky to work with.

For midbass drivers, Adire Audio is fantastic. But IMO they still need a bit of work in the midrange in their drivers to get up to that last rung of the ladder with the drivers mentioned above. They also haven't come out with a dedicated XBL^2 midrange yet (Besides the CSS wr125). Once they do, I'm sure they'll hold their own quite well.

For tweeters, Scanspeak and SEAS make great tweeter drivers, as does Morel and Dynaudio. Focal has some controversial ones, but are great nonetheless. But the one company (lesser known, I might add) that really grabs me is Hiquphon. Their tweeters are substantial drivers. Not a car audio tweeter, but it can work ;)

Amplifiers, Zapco, US Amps, Arc Audio, JL Audio, Brax, Helix, Sinfoni, and others will get top regards.

Head units, it's between Alpine, Eclipse, and Pioneer Premier for the most part. The Alpine F#1 Status combo (HU and processor) and the Pioneer P9 combo get my votes.

Gold Member

GA USA

Post Number: 4512
Oh yeah, subs :-)

I'd say the most reputable would be JL Audio. Regardless of opinion, they have a near flawless reputation for subwoofers.

Username: Silent_one98

AldergroveCanada

Post Number: 1
jl audio is the best brand no coparison

Silver Member
Username: Basshead86

Ocala, FL USA

Post Number: 751
i would have to say JL Audio.

RE has excellent products, but they are not as well known as JL, and do not have as big of a reputation.

i would never buy JL Audio though, too expensive.:-)

Silver Member
Username: Mike_anthes

Canton, SD USA

Post Number: 304
eclipse is a pretty decent brand...they have awesome head units...subs...amps...and much more...some brands only focus on speakers or amps...but eclipse focuses on all of the major things...which makes them a good company...

Silver Member
Username: Zacdavis

Beloit, Wi

Post Number: 227
I would gather any company with a good "reputation" would have great customer service and warranty program. Lets look further past the companies ability to build great products.
The question here is who is the most reputable, not who has the best products.
Subwoofers for instance, DD is one of the top subwoofer companies out there, but, reputable?
Their customer service leaves something to be desired to say the least so thats a big N O. I would rate DD a 5 out of 10, their product on the other hand, well closer to 10 out of 10.
As for my answer to the question of who in the car audio industry has the best reputation?....hmmm, with hesitation, Pioneer, Audison, MMats, JL Audio, ???.

Silver Member
Username: Rovin

Trinidad & T...

Post Number: 204
Finally a guy who mentions MMATS - been following this forum since May & less than 5 ppl have said that word . I heard their amps/subs are 1 of the best around . Amps are so small yet pack a punch for amps 2 almost 3 times longer .

JL 1st then Alpine would be my all round picks . Pioneer been around ages ,1 of the oldest & most affordable .

CaptonDillWeed
Unregistered guest
Sony...Hands down.

I have used all of the brands mentioned so far and I still say Sony is the best. Nobody can touch their overall quality in car audio.

Bronze Member
Username: Mrmbq

Portland, OR USA

Post Number: 62
MB Quart.

Awesome sound, awesome sound quality, very reliable.

Great subs, great components.

Silver Member
Username: Audioguy22

Post Number: 163
Pioneer, What else?

Silver Member

Trinidad & T...

Post Number: 208
SONY - eh ?! . Then PYRAMID for sure has got to be the BEST all round !

Silver Member
Username: Letto

Milwaukee, WI

Post Number: 192
I've never heard anyone say a bad thing about Image Dynamics.

Silver Member
Username: Shutterleftopen

Columbus, Ohio United states

Post Number: 101
JL in my opinion is best known. i've never heard anything bad about ID either. and what's MMATS?

Gold Member

GA USA

Post Number: 4520
If we're going for more mainstream stuff, and focusing on the most known and those with great service, I'd go with JL. Eclipse makes great products, but their tech people suck and half of them don't even know anything about the products (especially the subs). They're also hard to get full info from. Image Dynamics is fantastic as well, just not as well known as JL. Tech support is very good, they'll go as far as help you with specific installs.

Silver Member
Username: Camaro823

British Colu... Canada

Post Number: 188
Everyone I talk to , always say good things about alpine

Silver Member

Trinidad & T...

Post Number: 216
Josh - u mean u never heard of a sub named JUGGERNAUTH

MMATS are very expensive check www.woofersetc.com

& http://www.mmatsproaudio.com/products.htm

Gold Member
Username: Invain

Michigan United States

Post Number: 3525
Most reputable is definitely JL.

Most unknown but with great products and the best customer service - Ascendant Audio.

I don't know who you talk to when you call Adire, but it's probably not Dan Wiggins, might have been when they first started, but I don't know.

Any time you call Ascendant you speak directly with Chad. You can't get much better than speaking with the number one guy in charge. If Chad's not in then you'll speak with his dad. They'll answer absolutely any question you could have, and will do anything to please their customers.

Gold Member

GA USA

Post Number: 4526
"Any time you call Ascendant you speak directly with Chad. You can't get much better than speaking with the number one guy in charge."

That's what I like about Hiquphon tweeters. You get a data sheet of the pair you're getting (which are a matched pair within a .5 db tolerance), and they are personally signed by Oskar Wroending, who IS the company, to the point where he sweeps the floor and turns the lights out at night. Incredible build quality and consistency in the drivers. Any email, call, etc. is handled by him as well.

Gold Member
Username: Invain

Michigan United States

Post Number: 3529
That's the only way to do it!

Silver Member
Username: Kd7nfr

Montpelier, ID United States

Post Number: 755
ECLIPSE FOOLS!

Gold Member
Username: James1115

Wilton, Ct

Post Number: 3909
I was just saying that the other day Nick. I was on the phone and when I got off my wife asked who I was talking to and I said you know the sub I have in my truck well I was talking to the owner/president of Ascendant Audio. It doesnt get much better then that:-) I dont know of many companies that you can do that with. Try calling RF or JL and getting their CEO on the line! good luck.

Bronze Member
Username: Drpthemc

Atlanta, GA USA

Post Number: 83
Ascendant Audio ROCKS!... Chad is GREAT! man he is so cool/nice... best customer service and great products! woot

Silver Member
Username: Matt12490

Benicia, California

Post Number: 154
JL even though I don't like them that much.

Silver Member
Username: Justintoxicated

Post Number: 147
If your talking about 1 brand foreverything except HU's then I would go DLS.

Awesome amps, subs and components.

Forget about JL!

Silver Member
Username: Mixneffect

Orangevale, Ca. USA

Post Number: 326
I agree with a lot of Jonathans votes. My personal favorite has been Seas as far as speakers are concerned.

Zac Davis mentioned "reputation" Vs "quality".

That was the original question. Someone's reputation may be at a much higher level compared to actual products. If the question remains "Reputation", then a few names come to mind. One of which I am not a fan of at all (SONY). The others are Yamaha, Kenwood, Pioneer, and Alpine.

I think Sony's reputation is over inflated due to affordability, flashy design, and advertising. However, I can not overlook their research and development department. If we look past the plastic speakers that sound like garbage, and we look at their complete product line, we will be amazed at the results their company has accomplished. From walkmans to Re-writable Cds, to TVs, to personal electronics, cameras, and laptops. Sony's reputation has earned them more sales than their competition based on their forefathers reputation, not today's product lines.

Yamaha has a complete solid line of products. Yeah, they may not be the state of the art, but they have a solid above average quality and are made to last.

Pioneer has earned their respect in state of the art line only in their highest quality products such as "Elite, Premier, etc... Yes they also produce for the rest of us that cannot afford $10k systems. Most pf their stuff is below average to average in quality, and durability, but all in all, they aren't too bad.

Kenwood has been a car audio guru since the 80's. Their stuff has been solid in durability and most people are satisfied with their quality. Kenwood falls short when it comes to extreme detail, but as far as reputation, they have earned it. Bar-none.

Alpine is a company that is just like Pioneer. It has a state of the art product line, as well as complete garbage (component speakers). One thing is for sure. You can't disrespect Alpines quality, durability, and reputation. They have been a leader since day one.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us