RE SE

Anonymous

I have a RE SE 15" in the re box (4cu tuned at 30hz). Would 800 watts be too much for this sub?

Silver Member
Username: Basshead86

Ocala, FL USA

Post Number: 664
no, it is rated to handle up to 1000wRMS.

Silver Member

Ocala, FL USA

Post Number: 665
im sorry, i was thinking of the SX.
yes, the SE is only rated to handle 600wRMS.:-)

Username: Baseballsc

Post Number: 1
I just figured since most, good, amps are overated. Most, good, subs would be underated. I mean most people that have SX give them at least 1200w. I asked on a previous post what would be a good amp and I only got one recommendation, the kx600.1, but I am not to high on kicker, now that CC sells it. Anything else (around $200-250)

Silver Member

Ocala, FL USA

Post Number: 668
the RMS rating they give you on a subwoofer is the amount of heat(that the wattage produces) the VC's can handle without melting, or the amount of power the sub can handle b4 you are overextending the mechanical limits of the sub. now, i'm sure better(quality) built sub can handle a little over RMS, but it is not neccessary.(most subs only need about 80% of their RMS rating to bring out the potential of the sub):-)

Post Number: 2
okay. so if you were choosing an amp in that price range, what would you buy?

Silver Member
Username: Supraspyder420

Sammamish, Wa U.S.

Post Number: 135
I have a Soundstream VGA600.2 and i love it. only $220 shipped to my doorstep. Its 600watts @ 4ohm

Post Number: 4
okay, well I called RE today to order the SE, and they said they are without power and couldn't take any orders. He said this will delay them for at least a week. Now that I have that much more time to think, it makes me wonder if the SX would be better? I really want a lot of output, and SQ definitely comes second, but it would be nice to retain. I already have a 180 amp. HO alt so being able to provide power is not an issue. What do you think? Will the 15" SE in a ported box (4cu @ 30hz) be pretty loud?

Gold Member
Username: Glasswolf

Wisteria, Lane USA

Post Number: 9570
if you're more after SPL, get the SX

Post Number: 6
well I know the SX is RE's SPL sub, but I guess I'm wondering if the SE would still have high output in a ported box, relative to other 15" ported with the same power.

Post Number: 7
do you think a 12" SX would be louder than the 15" SE

Gold Member

Wisteria, Lane USA

Post Number: 9594
the SX isn't really an SPL sub per se. that's the MT.
the SX is just more efficient so it gets louder than a XXX with the same power applied but the sub isn't quite as linear as the XXX. different motors.

both the SE and SX will get plenty loud though. probably louder tahn you need.

ICEEMAN
Unregistered guest
To answer your original question, 800 watts shouldnt hurt that sub at all. RE underates their subs actually. The RE series for instance is suppose to be able to handle 250 perfectly find even though they are rated at 175.

If you wanna be on the safe side, just build your box a little bit smaller. You shouldnt have any problems, it might in fact sound even better with 800 watts. However, if i had 800 watts to give and i didnt care about SQ, i would get the SX. The SE is capable of getting loud as well, but it is an extremely good SQ sub where the SX is an all out SPL sub.

Silver Member
Username: Cnafets

Post Number: 158
The sx isn't an all out spl sub. Just because it gets louder than the xxx doesn't mean its meant purely for spl. It has better sq than an spl sub. Like glass said, its just more efficient, but doesn't sound as good as the xxx series of subs. The re MT is an all out spl sub, but it too sounds decent for an spl sub.

Silver Member
Username: Matt12490

Benicia, California

Post Number: 143
Does anyone know if you can order an RE SE with 2-Ohm DVC or 4-Ohm SVC?

Silver Member

Benicia, California

Post Number: 145
maybe with like an extra charge?

Silver Member
Username: Subzer0

Richmond, KY USA

Post Number: 761
buy my SX 12" off me.. brand new, been trying to sell it a while. 220.00 and insurance ( if you want it ) .. shipped.

Gold Member

Wisteria, Lane USA

Post Number: 9730
yup $25 exxtra for custom coil configurations
that's with any RE subs as far as I know

Silver Member

Benicia, California

Post Number: 149
I would get your SX if i had enough money to pay for that and a 1000 watt amp and i would have to get a new alternator also, sorry. Plus I'm just looking for a nice good priced SQ sub and the SE fits my needs.

Thanks Glass

Anonymous

If it means anything, when I talked to RE about the SE vs SX. He said the 15" SE has about the same output as the 12" SX, each getting their RMS power. but the SE having the edge on the lower end and with less power
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us