Box building?

Bronze Member
Username: Hurleyblink

Post Number: 56
umm i got a question, if i were to make a sealde box for 2 12's and on the inside of the box i rounded the corners instead of leavin them like the usual square would that make any difference?

Silver Member
Username: Sploosh56

Ohio

Post Number: 722
what do you mean by rounded?

Silver Member
Username: Subzer0

Richmond, KY USA

Post Number: 238
make them not pointy.. I would suppose he wants a smooth looking box..

Bronze Member
Username: Shadow1290

Post Number: 15
its on the inside, its not for a smooth appearence.

What he might be going for is a change in the acoustics of his box not having many flat surfaces for the sound waves to bounce off wbut with that not being a commonly used method there is no research as to wether or not it works

Silver Member
Username: Subzer0

Richmond, KY USA

Post Number: 239
did I ever say I wasn't talking about the inside..?

this post above me didn't understand what he meant..

and you took look into the literal term of vision..

I was supposing he was going to us resin or something simple and wants it's smooth. k thx josh....

Bronze Member
Username: Hurleyblink

Post Number: 57
I was talking about the inside of the box for to say i would take fiberglass resin and round off the corners of the box, therefore not making them pointy on the inside so that there is no acoustics being held in one area they waves can just roll to what ever side

Silver Member

Ohio

Post Number: 723
i dunno how much of a difference it ould make but give it a try

Silver Member
Username: Scubasteve

Annapolis, MD

Post Number: 184
As long as you account for the volume the resin is taking up, you'll be fine. I don't know that it'll sound any different, but it won't hurt any.

Bronze Member
Username: _andrew_

Post Number: 49
I've seen that before with ported and big bandpass boxes, I suppose the reasoning is better air travel through the ports. I don't know what would happen, or if anything would happen inside a sealed box.

Username: Memphisaudio

Post Number: 1
I am having a little bit of a problem designing a ported enclosure with 5.1 cubic feet of air space for 2-12" Memphis SHPs. They are going into a 1998 Mustang and I have limited space because of how small the trunk is. I need to save about 18-20 inches for 2-Memphis 1000w Class D amps, 1-Memphis 75w x4 Class AB amp, 2-Memphis 1 Farad Reinforcement Caps, and 1-Memphis 9 Volt Line Driver. If anyone has dimensions for this large of an enclosure it would be appreciated. Oh, by the way the port needs to be slotted and tuned at 42-55Hz.

Silver Member
Username: Tbolt

Collipark, GA

Post Number: 286
why do you need it tuned so high. Are you going into comps or something.

Username: Memphisaudio

Post Number: 2
As a matter of fact I am planning getting back into comps again. I've been out of the curcuit for around 2 years ever since my last system was stollen. So it's about time that I get back into it.

Silver Member

Ohio

Post Number: 743
i was at a football camp all last week and everyone on my block and the next block over all there stereo equiptment was stolen. Mine was left untouched. So either they missed my car or they jsut knew bot to mess with my stuff. Everyone in town knows how much pride I take in my stereo's so if it was someone local who took everything they prolly knew better then to take all of my stuff lol. My one buddy had his entire competition stuff ripped off I guess. He's a licensed dealer for alfasonic. Notthe best stuff but he had 6 10's of their 600 series in there with to of their biggest subwoofer amps in a small S-10/ He hit like 152 or 154 I forget. It was extremely loud though lol! To bad his stuff got ripped off though. Man I hate theives

Silver Member
Username: Lowdose

St. Louis, Mo

Post Number: 125
Yeah I just got done installing a camera outside my garage and a sensor light that away if some thieving bastage comes in my driveway that light will kick on and get them on camera. And maybe give me a chance to plug them in the @ss with my shotgun. I hate thieves too.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us