$$$ no object

Rattle
Unregistered guest
Need 2 Subs and amplifiers. Have to have excellent SPL and SQ. My wife listens to the 80's and classical whereas i listen to 50cents & CM. hehe

What subs & amps match would have me grind and pound hard that every major city block would have their windows rattling like 10 on the Richter scale??

I've heard of RE, Kicker, RF, Eclipse, Alpine, DD just to name a few but have absolutely no idea on which to settle on. Please HELP.

Remember cost no object.

Silver Member
Username: W00b

Post Number: 171
RE, hands down. give it a good enclosure and minimum 1200RMS, it will get loud and sound well doing it! recommended amplifiers: eD NINe.1 (www.edesignaudio.com) Orion 1200D, JL 1000/1, RF T1001BD <-- all onlinecarstereo.com

good luck with your system!

Silver Member

Post Number: 172
also, i was talking about RE's XXX series, which was made for SQL.

rattle
Unregistered guest
triple X here i come.

What about Kicker KX1200.1? Better than the RFT1001bd & eD NINe.1?

Silver Member
Username: Msully701

Connecticut US

Post Number: 205
yea that would work great

Rattle
Unregistered guest
which ohm rating do i need to get for the XXX in order for me to maximise the pahwaarr amp??

i think i need 2 XXX and 2 amp eh for my set up or more than 2 amps?

Silver Member
Username: Terps297

Potomac, MD USA

Post Number: 130
they're dual 2 ohm so either have 2 amps at 1 ohm each or one amp at 2 ohm. look at tru-technology amps zapco, orion g4 series, ppi art series, everyone has their own oppinion but if it were my choice, i'd go with 2 12" X.X.X.'s and 2 PPI A1200.2 amps, ask anyone about the ppi art series, they will always tell you that they are no doubt in the elite class of amps.

Silver Member

Potomac, MD USA

Post Number: 131
if money is of no problem, i would definatley recomend a ZAPCO C2K 9.0X!! for each sub wow that would be sick.

edit:2 amps at 1 ohm [or 4 ohm] each or one amp at 2 ohm

Rattle
Unregistered guest
yeah that Zapco specs. looks great. But if i get 2 of those then I need to get 2 of the RE's XXX in dual 4ohm so i can wire it down to a 2ohm load for each of the amp eh.

btw, should d XXX be in sealed or ported enclosure? Which is best and at what volume (cufeet)?

Thanks a million Brian

Silver Member

Post Number: 174
Brian Jackson, i would agree with you.. but i tried to give him amps that were easy to find via online retailers.. PPI art is only available on ebay unless its refurb i think.. Rattle, i suppose if you have an ebay account you should probably look at the PPI's, just make sure you know what you are doing when you hook them up!

Gold Member
Username: Subfanatic

Ky

Post Number: 4358
well to get the zapco amp, www.woofersetc.com has them but is not a real dealer

Bronze Member
Username: Supraspyder420

Sammamish, Wa U.S.

Post Number: 42
If his wife listens to 80's music then he might need/want something with more SQ. two W6's or 1 or 2 IDMAX's would be good to.

Bronze Member
Username: Supraspyder420

Sammamish, Wa U.S.

Post Number: 43
2 IDQ15's would also be good. (im a fan of image dynamics)

Bronze Member
Username: Hardhittinbass

Pittsburgh, Pa Usa

Post Number: 24
if u get the re xxx u would want a ported

Gold Member
Username: Subfanatic

Ky

Post Number: 4377
rattle, if your serious about having money as not an issue then do this, get 2 parthenons lol, and then get a bunch of c2k.9s to power them lol

Silver Member

Potomac, MD USA

Post Number: 132
your just crazy

Bronze Member
Username: Kizzz_master

Post Number: 32
Get 2 DD9915`s n power em wiv at least 1500 each preferably more, in the right ported box you`ll get amazing bass.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us