RE SX 12 subwoofer vs. . . . . .

Gold Member
Username: Suleman36

Maryland U.S.A.

Post Number: 1605
Anybody know how a RE SX 12 ported 1.9 tuned to 32hz sounds and if anyone can compare this sub to a Avalanche 15 ???

Also whould one RE SX 12 ported get louder then 2 JL 12w6v2s sealed or ported or the Avalanche 15 sealed ???

Trying to decide if i should get the RE SX 12. Looking for a everyday SQL driver

Silver Member
Username: Rob315

Cuse, NY U.S.

Post Number: 501
cant answer #1...
2 jlw6v2 > 1 re sx 12 ported > avalanche 15 sealed(with proper power)

whats wrong with the the w6v2's?

Bronze Member
Username: Voodoochilde

Greencastle, Indiana

Post Number: 83
I believe the SX is made mostly for spl, I'm sure its got good sq (being its made by RE) but if you have the money for 2 w6v2 you might as well get an xxx which has better sql than the sx.

Silver Member
Username: Addicted2bass

Miami, Florida USA

Post Number: 903
the sq of the sx is ok..but it is not as good as the x6v2..but then again sq is totally subjective

Gold Member
Username: Suleman36

Maryland U.S.A.

Post Number: 1608
I had my 2 JL 12w6v2's sealed last time in the JL prowedge box but now im also gonna test them with a new amp which is the crossfire vr1000D and go mono at 1 ohm. I also was thinking of porting the 2 12w6v2's.. What do you guys know about these subs ported. The 12w6v2 had the best sq ive ever heard sealed but on some songs it whould lack some more output. That is why i am considering having a ported box built for 2 of these quality subs.

Also havent really heard my Avalanche 15 yet in the 2.5 sealed box yet so i hear that has good low end bass and has good sq.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us