Gaining the most out of what i have...

Silver Member
Username: Iufan4lifeul

Louisville, Kentucky

Post Number: 195
I have 2 12" sony xplod's and an Alpine MRP-350 amplifier with a pioneer premier 470 hu. I have a mitsubishi lancer es. My problem is this, my trunk rattles like no other so therefore I am losing some quality/SPL. I would like a really really cheap way of fixing this. What would you reccomend? Edead, dynamat, peel n' seel, foam spray? What would work best for the least amount of $... Advantages/disadvantages of them and will i notice a major difference? Thanks!

Gold Member
Username: Invain

Michigan United States

Post Number: 3028
Do you care how much you do to your trunk, as in if you ever want to resell the car.

Bronze Member
Username: Big_oso

Post Number: 99
lol i would definately say thats pertinent information

Bronze Member
Username: Opie_har

Somewhere, One of them USA

Post Number: 81
Here is a quote from Joe Smoe from another post here. "Guys, any kind of sound deadening stuff will work, whether it be edead, secondskin, dynamat, peel n' seel, ice guard, etc... they're all made of the same relative materials, your not really gonna notice a huge difference from one brand to another.

Another good tip is using spray foam. If you have a big enclosed area, say the inside of your trunk lid, or behind your tail lights, try spraying some foam in the spaces. It works great. Just remember, it's almost impossible to remove."
Hope you don't mind Joe, but you pretty much summed it up pretty good.

Gold Member

Michigan United States

Post Number: 3031
Yeah, because there's lots of stuff you could do to sound deaden your car, but a lot of them don't look very good.

Gold Member

Michigan United States

Post Number: 3032
Ha, thanks jon. I was actually gonna say something like that, but I didn't feel like typing it all.

Gold Member

Michigan United States

Post Number: 3033
In my car, I have a layer of plywood cut to exactly fit the floor of my trunk, with a layer of towls glued to the bottom, and then the trunk carpet placed back over the wood. I then have 1 layer of eDead v.1 over everything, and I actually filled my trunk lid with spray foam.

Silver Member

Louisville, Kentucky

Post Number: 196
I would prefer to have something that is POSSIBLE, not easy, to take off and is the cheapest... Also, what difference will I notice?

Silver Member

Louisville, Kentucky

Post Number: 197
and look halfway decent...

Gold Member

Michigan United States

Post Number: 3040
If you want it to look good then you could try the liquid edead I guess. Would be a pain to apply, but would definitely look nice. Don't ever think of removing it though.

Silver Member
Username: Big_oso

Post Number: 105
is it possible to remove edead v.1 with a heat gun and a putty knife and one long afternoon?

Silver Member
Username: Ffxdevilarms

Dubuque, Iowa United States

Post Number: 504
Hey, i have the best edead stuff thats not spray on. It can be removed somewhat easily, but it leaves a brown residue that i dont think can be removed.

Silver Member

Louisville, Kentucky

Post Number: 198
How good would the liquid edead do compared to all the others, and how expensive would it be? If it looks good I don't see the reason in EVER wanting to remove it...

Gold Member

Michigan United States

Post Number: 3045
Yeah, you can remove the crap, but like Chris said, it leaves a brown residue that is very very hard to get rid of. You'd most likely take the paint right off before you ever got the tar stain off. You'd probably want 2 layers of the liquid stuff to be as good or better as a layer of the roll edead.

Silver Member

Louisville, Kentucky

Post Number: 199
For example, getting the black version of liquid edead... how much would 1 gallon cover? Could I do most of my car with that? And how would it look?

Gold Member

Michigan United States

Post Number: 3046
Not sure how much a gallon covers. You'd have to go to the elemental designs website and find out. Have you ever seen a spray on bed liner? Looks kinda like that, just without the texture. It should be somewhat smooth.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us