Whats easier to build? ported/ slot ported?

Username: Kujo

Post Number: 8
I looked around and still couldnt find a cheap price for a custom ported box. The best yet is through a friend. The guy who built his box (which I might add is awesome) offered to build me a sloted for 175, or ported with non-port noise port for 200. It's still a bit more than Im willing to spend tho.

On the other hand, my bro also offered to build me a box for just cost of materials. The only negative to that is he doesnt know how to tune... but he thinks if I can get him exact specs... like box size, port diameter.. etc., then he can build anything. Now to my queston, if my bro were to build me a box, which type would be easier in respects to port accuracy? Like if he were to just buid off of dimensions, then which would have a higher accuracy straight off the paper without "proper" tuning?

Silver Member
Username: Rzarector

Coquitlam, Bc Canada

Post Number: 433
a slot port would be easier.. chances are a round port will be way to long for the box to tune it low

Username: Kujo

Post Number: 9
hmm, you helped me decided what I need to do... haha thanks! (and amazingly i got my answer from one site ;))
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us