Kinda of a dumb question, try to answer it though

Bronze Member
Username: Stylnul

Vicky ville, CA US

Post Number: 70
the other day i was smokin and i got to thinking, why do we need ohms? i mean its a measure of resistance but why can we just get rid of it? why do companies make subs with 2 ohm voice coils or 4 ohm voice coils? also why cant they male amps capable of handling 0 ohms? its would be the perfect amplifier right? if people can solve space mathmatical problems to increase efficiency why cant they make an amp with 99% efficiency? why not make subs with 0 ohms voice coils? its kinda dumb but like i said i was high, i guess itll clear up once i come down.

Username: Thumpinwrangler

Post Number: 6
yeah it is dumb question. smoke again and then try to figure it out

Silver Member
Username: Mixneffect

Orangevale, Ca. USA

Post Number: 134
Its the law of physics. resistence is present weather you want to accept it or not. Wires wound up in a coil create resistence. The size of the wires diameter and length also crteate resistence. It's just the way it is. Asking to get rid of resistence is like asking to get rid of air or gravity. It will never happen, and it most definetly will not happen because someone was smokin dope and had a momentary lapse of reason. Do yourself a favor and take it easy on yourself man. If it aint broke, don't fix it.

Gold Member
Username: Invain

Michigan United States

Post Number: 2905
Mixn is exactly right. To go along with that, it is impossible to have 0 ohms, because 0 would really be infinity. Think of it as the classic walking twords the door example. You can take 1 step twords the door, then take half of a step, then half of a half of a step, and concinute to cut the distance you travel in half, but you will never reach the door. It's the same with ohms.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us