Opinions on finished system!

Silver Member
Username: Tdbdrummer

Post Number: 328
Ok, by sometime around August (I hope!) I'll have my car system totally finished. I need opinions!
-------------------------------------------
Kenwood KDC-X789 22W RMS/50W MAX HU
4 X 175W RMS/350W MAX Volfenhag 5x7's (Doors)
2 X 400W RMS/800W MAX Volfenhag 6x9's (Trunk)
Audiobahn A8000T 800W RMS @ 2 Ohms (For Subs)
Audiobahn A4002T (100W RMS @ 4 Ohms) OR Kicker KX-200.2 (70 HONEST W RMS @ 4 ohms) (For 6x9's) -
*Not set in stone, if you know of another good 2 channel amp let me KNOW!
3 X 12" Volfenhag Subs - 1000W/sub (Triple pyramid style enclosure - sealed)

Silver Member

Post Number: 335
OK SOMEONE MUST HAVE SOME OPINION...!

Silver Member
Username: Skyliner17

Saint Paul, MN United States

Post Number: 160
might be good for budget your on but i think ur gonna be disappointed in the long run imao. but hey, its only my opinion.

Silver Member
Username: Illuminator

Post Number: 337
Eh heh, I'm going to have to agree with Vang on this one...

Silver Member

Post Number: 337
BUT IM pOOr! lol

Silver Member

Post Number: 339
Ok, say all of that had been SONY XPLOD! Would my system be good in comparison THEN lol?

Bronze Member
Username: _andrew_

Post Number: 43
How much $$ do you want to spend? Have you purchased all of this already?

Gold Member
Username: Carguy

Post Number: 3054
For your budget, that's about it. Your only other alternative would be Sony, and you know how bad they are.
If possible, replace 6x9 with 6.5" model. You'll get better sound quality out of it at high volume.
If you look at the cone design, 6x9 or any others in that kind of shape (applies to Kicker's square subs too), can't handle power. It'll distort and eventually crack the cone. Don't believe the power numbers on 6x9. They're lies. If you actually tried to give that much power, the cone WILL crack. I've tried it.
The Audiobahn amps shouldn't be a disappointment. Unless you compare that amp with Orion G4/SX/XTR or PPI PC/PCX/JL/Xtant/Zapco etc, you'll be fine.

Silver Member

Post Number: 343
Ok, I have all the 5x7's, TWO of the subs, no matter what I'm gonna buy the other, but I don't have any good rear speakers. Like trunkwise. I also don't have the HU yet, but Isaac OK'D it lol. Also I have that A8000T amp. As far as the 4 channel, I'm willing to put out a little more than the Audiobahn amps money requirements. Just I don't know WHAT amp to get. If there is something out there for about 150 bucks a set...I'll do it! Also, Isaac, I can afford stuff like Kicker, it's just I see those price tags and CRINGE! The 6.5" model the only thing I have against it is the lack of a midrange, or the new marketing scheme nowadays, an oversized tweeter lol! What about if I added components instead of 6.5" and do they make component boxes? In essence , we're looking for A.) A multi channel amp. B.) Components I can put in boxes if possible, or 6.5" like Isaac said, but with mids. C.) Well there is no C...just concentrate on those areas.

Silver Member

Post Number: 345
Anyone?
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us