What will fill a 2003 fod explorer with bass?

Bronze Member
Username: Dacompetition10

Tracy, Cali United States

Post Number: 20
Dont worry about the price or set up...wat is going to fill my explorer with hard hitting bass?

Bronze Member
Username: Mikechec9

Chicago/atlanta

Post Number: 81
too many options mike. a price range would help.

adire brahma
Resonant Engineering
elemental designs
id max
digital designs
sound splinter
Avalanche
blah blah blah..

Anonymous

also do you want a sub to hit JUST THE LOWS or you want a little mix because you could go with a 15/12/or10-- and if you want to get real crazy i guess 18's but i don't reccomend it

Silver Member
Username: Disturbedpriest

Post Number: 104
If your looking for killer bass, i would go onto ebay and get two diamond audio tdx 15's and run them off two seperate amps, that push around 1500 watts rms, like two kicker 1200.1's or two jl 1000/1's since money isnt a prob heh, or some jbl amps, i know from exp. those subs will blow your mind. or cheaper you could get 2 audiopipe txx 15's they are 1000 watts rms a peice and kick major, 2003 usaic i think thats the way you spell it a guy hit 170.6 with two audiopipe txx 12's i think sealed.. but port those and that would sound nice and they are like 135 with shipping off of ebay. and you wouldnt need but two pmiller amps for like 250 a peice off ebay with shipping, those amps are nice, that setup would be loud. You can also go to www.audiopipe.com and go to installs and it tells you the db rating of other cars, i got the db rating off of a archive site for usaic or whatever it is i cant spell.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 21
Thanks for the help guys..lol im not guite sure of the price...because i have some money right now but its nothing for a hard hitting system i just need time to get more..so ill have enough..but basically i want a mix of high n low but 18's will just break bass over do it..i mean maybe later...but right now i want something that you can hear couple blocks away n when you stand next to the car...YOU FEEL IT..haha so the price...round 2-3-4 hundred for subs...amps just tell me wats good and ill see wat i can do..thanks again.....-Mike

Bronze Member

Post Number: 25
Dont worry about the price or set up...wat is going to fill my explorer with hard hitting bass. not guite sure of the price...because i have some money right now but its nothing for a hard hitting system i just need time to get more..so ill have enough..but basically i want a mix of high n low but 18's will just have the bass over do it..i mean maybe later...but right now i want something that you can hear couple blocks away n when you stand next to the car...YOU FEEL IT..haha so the price...round 2-3-4 hundred for subs...amps just tell me wats good and ill see wat i can do

Username: Traymannspl

Trenton, Mo USA

Post Number: 9
go with 2 15" kicker L7s more surface area because there square so they produce more bass simple as that or go with 1 18 kicker soloX which will rock your block garunteed thats competetion stuff its like 10000 watts of bassLast year, the news spread like wildfire about the mammoth 18-inch subwoofer, nearly 100 pounds and 10,000 peak watts of pure pounding fury that uses a field-replaceable cone/coil assembly. Now enters the next chapter in the SoloX saga ? the supersized smackdown is now available in a 10 and 12 too!

KICKER?s most advanced subwoofers ever, the SoloX has been engineered with serious autosound competitors in mind. The SPL levels can get brutal in the lanes (many interiors have buckled under SoloX pressure), but the SoloX has already earned its sound-quality stripes too, winning IASCA and USACi SQ world championships. That means they sound good? really good.

In its first year, the S18X set the industry on its ears (probably for protection!) with its heavy introduction, and it remains the centerpiece in the KICKER lineup with unimaginable power handling (5,000 watts RMS; 10,000 watts peak) and freakish size.

All three use a field-replaceable, stamped-steel cone/coil assembly called a SPAIR (Simple Pull Apart Insertable Replacement)?. When it gets that loud, subs sometimes blow up, and we know you guys will give it a shot. That?s what the SPAIR is for ? leave the BAM? (Basket And Motor assembly) in the install and bring in the cone/coil piece for replacement.

18" Subwoofer - 5000 watts RMSUpload

Silver Member
Username: Car_bangs

Post Number: 122
ive heard all the kickers and in my opinion the L7 15 is gonna be your best bet. this solo x costs ridiculous money. your only gonna have one and becuase of its cone the SOLO X IS ONLY A 17 2 15's will rattle your car to pieces a good 18 inch circle can compare

Username: Soundoff_fl

Post Number: 6
dude, i did an install in an expedition a could weeks ago with two kole audio KMX-12's (made by SPL) in a vented box to the sub specs and an audiobahn 1800. on a pioneer headunit with the volume on 16, you could not sit in the truck with the windows up and your fingers in your ears, there was that much pressure. the dome lights were jumping out of the roof, there was that much pressure.

Gold Member
Username: Hdubb

Farmington, Nm Usa

Post Number: 1545
kole or kove?

Post Number: 9
kole

BabyBrock
Unregistered guest
RE MT w/ 3000 watts RMS......Nothing can beat that....Bar None

Gold Member
Username: Hdubb

Farmington, Nm Usa

Post Number: 1547
with 400 bucks look into www.soundsplinter.com
the rl-ps

Bronze Member

Post Number: 28
Yo chase king...lol thats pretty much wat im looking for..lol wat size should i put in the explorer n how many? thanks

Bronze Member
Username: Redrange

Mo Hill, California

Post Number: 65
How are sound splinter compared to Atlas, Ava, and Kicker comp assuming 12's

Bronze Member

Mo Hill, California

Post Number: 66
How are sound splinter compared to Atlas, Ava, and Kicker comp assuming 12's.

Bronze Member

Mo Hill, California

Post Number: 67
If your were to go by SQ and Spl and Mix

Silver Member
Username: Rhassler

Gilford, NH

Post Number: 221
i was wondering that too, I checked out some vids at www.realmofexcursion.com they look pretty sick for only $235 ish

Silver Member
Username: Rhassler

Gilford, NH

Post Number: 222
anyone have any experience with soundsplinter?

Silver Member

Chicago/atlanta

Post Number: 102
"How are sound splinter compared to Atlas, Ava, and Kicker comp assuming 12's."

like i said, many options to choose from. sound splinter has great output in small enclosures. it will have superior power handling and output to the atlas. and kicker comp is not nearly in the same class. Avalanche is going to sound nice w/good output as well. this is a great couple of years for subs. so many undergrounds to choose from. jl had to hit us w/the w6 and 7. they no longer hold the monopoly though.
here is a thread i copied to this forum earlier on the avalanche (check out the last post). if it helps any.
http://forum.soundillusions.net/archive/index.php/t-48321.html

Bronze Member

Post Number: 29
ok cool..but sound splinter...i dont kno...i thought L7's n X's were way better. i didnt think it'd be close...i heard both and yeah they seem the same the kicker seems harde...wat do u think

Silver Member

Chicago/atlanta

Post Number: 103
L7's knock, but the sq just isn't there. they also have a history of repair issues.
pistols all have the same basic design regardless of weather its a 1911, sig, whatever. its just an optimal design. every now and then, a gun comes out with some "revolutionary" visuals. don't last. if the square were so advantageous, drivers would have been doing it long before now, and many more would have jumped on the wagon since.
my opinion is if they finally made it where you can truly have SQ and SPL (used to be a myth), I will take the SQL sub anyday over just an sq or spl driver. and there are a handful from which to choose. be sure to take install into account as well, though.

Bronze Member
Username: Zacdavis

Beloit, Wi

Post Number: 69
well said in that last comment :-)

Silver Member

Chicago/atlanta

Post Number: 105
thanks zac. it's just how i see it though.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 30
yeha i see wat your saiding..i just want something that will rumble the cars around me...haha DTP.lol

Post Number: 10
the model number is KMX-12. they are the ones with the 270 oz. magnet. we just used the manufacturers specs to size the vents on the box. i can build the box and get the subs for you if you want.

Silver Member
Username: Car_bangs

Post Number: 124
you are all some haters my 15 just won me 200 bucks my speaker doesnt sound two great but it knocks harder than anything they are talking about. unless your talking about some 12 or 13.5 w7s your not talkin anything to me. my sh$t bangs for blocks and blocks and blocks and i only have 1 sub. i can still put stuff in my trunk and it bangs hard
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us