JL 2ohm or 4ohm

JL
Unregistered guest
What is a better sub JL 12w3v2 d2....or a JL 12w3v2 D4?????

Silver Member
Username: Mikechec9

Chicago/atlanta

Post Number: 109
same sub. depends on what amp you are running them with.

JL
Unregistered guest
Would it be terrible to have one d2 and the other d4?

Silver Member

Chicago/atlanta

Post Number: 113
yop

SAME GUY AS ABOVE lol
Unregistered guest
do you know any amps that would be good to run 2 of the jl w3v2 d2 subs? But i want good brand amps with alot of power..but not to much to blow them

SAME GUY JL
Unregistered guest
they 12s and have 300rms each

Silver Member

Chicago/atlanta

Post Number: 115
i'm running sound stream van goghs in my truck now. love them. if i had to do another brand, i would go mb quarts. they are german amps on blowout at crutchfield. relatively inexpensive (while on sale), excellent cust serv, excellent amp, AND different. but hey, to each his own. that's what i would run with. particularly since they no longer make van goghs any more. there are plenty of options though.

JL
Unregistered guest
do u know any jl amps that would run those 2 jl 12s really well?

Silver Member

Chicago/atlanta

Post Number: 117
actually, they have a few. check out the website
http://jlaudio.com/

JL
Unregistered guest
how many watts should i be looking for???

Silver Member

Chicago/atlanta

Post Number: 118
you could run a jl (under) "rated" 250-500 watts per sub. jl makes great amps but are relatively expensive.

JL
Unregistered guest
which one outta of all the jl amps would u recommend? or what amp would u recommend out of any amp?

werd
Unregistered guest
get a 500/1. It is designed to run either 2 w3's or 1 w6. And its underrated so it will put out closer to 550-575 watts.

JL
Unregistered guest
but that would only be around 275 to each sub??

Bronze Member
Username: Darkseid

Post Number: 16
275 is plenty to push those subs

JL
Unregistered guest
yeah but i want them to bump tho... couldnt i get em more power?

Bronze Member
Username: Darkseid

Post Number: 17
and exactly how much power do you want to throw at them? Getting your subs to bump is more dependant on proper install then just throwing huge amounts of power at them

JL
Unregistered guest
if i get them professionally installed with more power towards them... wont my subs bump more then with less power? will i be endanger of blowing them with to much power?

Silver Member

Chicago/atlanta

Post Number: 133
you won't get more than a 3db gain by throwing say 400-500 watts at them. the only difference w/me and my 3 w3's (800Wx1) is i am a very aggressive listener. i had to turn the volume up to the latter quarter of its range to really get the fullness and bottom out of the subs. but they absolutely pounded. my regret was that i did not serve them more power so that i could appreciate the subs by way of headroom and moderate volume levels.
but they will still pound at 275 watts, particularly w/ a proper install and amp tuning (in the case of the 500/1). i just personally like to have more than enough watts than just/not enough. that's just me though. and you will not blow subs with "too much" power if you adjust the gains accordingly.

JL
Unregistered guest
so if were to get like an 1000 watt amp and had the gain adjusted professionaly would my system be the best it could be?

JL
Unregistered guest
???

werd
Unregistered guest
no get the 500/1. Gain isn't just a way to control volume. Those subs are made to run off a 500/1. If you got 2 w6v2's, then I would say 1000/1.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us