Any experience with shadow works?

zootreeves
Unregistered guest
Hi i'm pretty new to car audio and to start with i bought a pair of splx 12" for £30 but they are complete crap!

So i need some different 12" subs to replace them and have been looking on ebay. Does anyone know whether shadow works subs are any good? Or would i be better spending the extra and going for JBL, Rockford or Kicker?

What about some of the other cheap brands Plye, reactor?

DynOmite
Unregistered guest
JBL Rockford Kicker MTX Infinity are all name brand and will be good (if you don't get their cheapest line subs) but theres also some "hidden" companies that are real good like AA for example, they make some pretty solid stuff for a resonable price but when your getting into some of that name brand stuff your often paying alot of money just because it's a ROCKFORD or KICKER sub theres other subs for less $ that would be better just keep that in mind

Silver Member
Username: Loc_out

Post Number: 183
Do you have an amp? what is your budget?

zootreeves
Unregistered guest
I've got 1 mutant 2 channel 280W max amp and one Reactor 2 x 180W amp. But I am sure i will upgrade in the future. No more than £150 either on one high quality sub or 2 12" inch ones

Username: Mikechec9

Chicago/atlanta

Post Number: 5
http://www.carsound.com/UBB/ultimatebb.php?ubb=get_topic;f=18;t=009590#000000

this is a good take on those subs. you have to copy the entire link though

but there is no such thing as a "high" quality sub for 150.00. unless you go here VERY FAST
http://www.ascendantaudio.com/

Username: Zootreeves

York, Yorkshire UK

Post Number: 4
I went ahead and bought two 12" nova shadow works subs for £100, I'll post what they're soon

Bronze Member
Username: Daddy_phat_sack

Post Number: 32
how much is that in american money???
tell us how good they are too
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us