Gold Member
Username: Insearchofbass

Post Number: 1707
how are we building this?

Gold Member
Username: Subfanatic

Walton, Ky

Post Number: 3295
lol, its building it fine, ive got the first 4 pieces already screwed together, but the baffle and the top i havent gotten to yet because of work and i started on cutting the stuff at like 8 at night then it got dark lol and i worked yesterday

Gold Member

Post Number: 1709
so are you building the 6 cf box with like half inch clearances or are you doing the smaller one

Gold Member

Walton, Ky

Post Number: 3300
the measurements i gave you on the other site somsone came up to be like 3.97 cubic feet or somen and its taking up my whole trunk and somehow its not the size we thought, it really threw me for a loop, but the box is huge

Gold Member

Post Number: 1726
the measurements you gave me originally before you built this one came out to 6.02 cf i dunno what happened maybe you remembered the measurements wrong when you got back to the computer

Gold Member

Walton, Ky

Post Number: 3312
well i did 4 5 inch deep ports that are like 1.75 inches lol

Gold Member
Username: Fishy

Tamarac Ft.Laud, FL USA

Post Number: 1174
woosh woosh woosh woosh

dayum whats that noise?

woosh woosh woosh woosh

Oh yeah, If 1.75" is the i.d. and you've got a net volume around 3.75 ft^3 then the box is tuned to about 33 Hz which may actually sound pretty decent if the port noise ain't too bad.

woosh woosh woosh woosh

-Fishy

Silver Member
Username: Solacedagony

New Jersey US

Post Number: 395
Not to hijack this thread but what exactly causes port noise? I've never really dealt with ported boxes before, only sealed.

Gold Member

Post Number: 1767
its the volume of the air that comes out of the port being greater than the area given in usable internal port area which causes the whistle sound you hear because of whats called port resistance

Gold Member

Post Number: 1768
actually his usable cf after displacements is 3.97 cf after the displacements with the measurements he gave me

Gold Member

Post Number: 1769
actually sub with the box size i figured you had after displacements with 4 ports that depth (5 inches) and internal diameter youd be ported to about 32 hz and you should peak out at 40 hz in that box you just made with that port tune and you probably got about 2 to 2.5 db louder if you want to peak at 48hz in that box port it to 42 hz which would be the four 1.75 ports 2.5 inches deep each ....youll be fine for port whisle even at 1200 rms if you choose to use it

Gold Member

Post Number: 1770
you should gain about 3 db more with this port arangement with this same box

Gold Member

Walton, Ky

Post Number: 3316
hmm, i might change it, but i REALLY like how loud it gets and how well it sounds, the only problem is, 120 square feet is NOT cutting it, looks like im hetting another 120 lol as soon as i can afford it, because this is wayyyyy to crazy lol i dont hear bass, i feel it and hear my trunk opening, becuase it isnt staying closed

Gold Member

Post Number: 1774
do you have it firing up toward the trunk then?

Gold Member

Post Number: 1775
you should be hitting more almost accross the board frequency wise

Gold Member

Post Number: 1776
lol oh now i get you need to matt the trunk even more than you did lol cool man

Gold Member

Post Number: 1777
a 36 hz tune would have you hit even harder and still be usable everyday

Gold Member

Walton, Ky

Post Number: 3318
what dou mena a 36 hrtz??? if u need me to i can still change the ports around, i just need to fix the darn rumbling sound, its aggrevating me, im going to have to do my 3rd layer of it, think that will do it???? lol but is 32 hrtz what its at now, and is that a good for daily driving, cuase i might go for just sq cause im kinda getting out of the spl lol

Gold Member

Post Number: 1778
hmm well sounds like you have it firing up at the trunk lid and its letting air escape bcause your hitting so darn hard lol ....try 36 hz and make each of the 1.75 inch ports 3.75 inches long that will tune you to 36 hz in that box and you should gain about 2 more db than you have now and still be able to use it for everyday

Gold Member

Post Number: 1779
the higher tune might help the trunk if your lucky lol

Gold Member

Walton, Ky

Post Number: 3322
ok cool tonight ill change that around, but do you have any idea on what the deal is with the weird noises its making like, when i change tracks ike even when i change them really fast the bass is so loud its almost unbarrable, im rewiring my whole car hoping that fixes it. what does the rcas and the power wire enxt to eachother create??? and how far apart should they be

Gold Member

Post Number: 1780
it creates line noise which could be your problem but my guess from your discription is that its probably your ground wire is not grounded well enough
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us