Getting four volfenhag 15's objections any one

Bronze Member
Username: Car_bangs

Post Number: 51
i was thinking about getting 4 15" volfenhags i really liked the twelves and i can get four 15 for the same price as the 15 kicker and ill tell u that the volfenhags are a lot more durable than the kickers they are kind of like the eclipse aluminums but red and a lot heavier any suggestions

word
Unregistered guest
I suggest taking those subs and seeing how loud they are when throwing them from the top of your house to the ground. Or you can put them in your car and get about the same quality 'noise'

Gold Member
Username: Insearchofbass

Post Number: 1691
with the 15s you will need more box over the 12s but if you got the room go for it....if you have say 5.1 cubic feet of space with the proper amount of fiberfill you can boost it to 6.5 cubic feet...heres the article

http://web.archive.org/web/20020808224043/integra.cyberglobe.net/caraudio/resour ces/fiberfill/

Gold Member
Username: Carguy

Post Number: 2814
Where are you going to fit 4 15" subs??

Gold Member

Post Number: 1693
that link doesnt work try this one

http://web.archive.org/web/20020808224043/integra.cyberglobe.net/caraudio/resour ces/fiberfill/

Bronze Member

Post Number: 54
i have hella space in the 1992 crown victoria i laid in there while i install my sub and amp

Gold Member

Post Number: 1694
with no center divider and four 15s in a box 5.1 cubic feet boosted by fill to 6.5 cubic feet youll have about 1.42 cf per 15 assuming .20 per 15 for space taken up by each sub your frequency center will be about 60 hz and your cutoff point will be 42 hz 34 x 34 x 7.5 internal measurements is 5.017 cubic feet...so 35.5 x 35.5 x 9 external using .75 mdf

FU_UPPITY_MOFOS
Unregistered guest
sOME UPPITY MOFOS UP IN HERE. SO THEM VOLENHAGS ARE NOT THE BEST. MAYBE DUDE IS ON A SEVERE BUDGET AND JUST WANTS TO BUMP A LITTLE, BUT CANNOT AFFORD XXX OR SOME BRAHMAS. YOU GUYS ARE A BUNCH OF UPPITY D!CKS, AND PROBABLY GOT YOUR A$$ES K!CKED AS CHILDREN.
gO ON DUDE, GET THEM VOLENHAGS, AND WHEN YOU CAN UPGRADE, DO IT. 1 MORE THING THOUGH, DO NOT EXPECT MUCH FROM THE VOLENHAGS, AND DO NOT OVER POWER THEM.

UPPITY
Unregistered guest
WORD

Bronze Member
Username: Geekbike

Post Number: 97
No one said anything like that...

Bronze Member

Post Number: 57
i have a kicker 15 too i aint broke

Bronze Member

Post Number: 58
i want somethin different and i had some volfenhags before

Gold Member

Post Number: 1695
Top Mount Depth: 7-7/16" is the mounting depth for the 15s so wed have to move the mounting depth up a bit for my comfort to say 9.25 so 31 x 31 x 9.25 would be 5.14 cf internal 32.5 x 32.5 x 10.75 external plus fill to make it 6.5 cf.

Silver Member
Username: Dankman

Granger, Indiana United States

Post Number: 140
That would be very loud, go with like two RE audio SX 15's, they are about 200 a piece but they beat loud as hell and are quality speakers. i dunno the volfenhags would get really loud but if you want your bass to sound good go with RE, eclipse, adire, JL, etc.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 61
i think im gonna do it

Silver Member
Username: Loc_out

Post Number: 120
What the F*ck are you doing selling volfenhags!

Gold Member

Post Number: 1696
look you guys can call the volfenhags junk ive heard plenty they arent junk and this guy wants 4 15s let him do it its his money plus he had the 12s already and apparently he likes them so let up will ya

Silver Member
Username: Southernrebel

Monroe, Louisiana USA

Post Number: 717
Its personal taste guys. I have gone from kicker to audiobahn to kicker to adire to RE in the past year and a half. I have only messed w/ volfenhags once, didnt really care for em...but they were in a friends crappy premade box.

Its all about the install. I had my brahma in a 1cu ft sealed box and the SQ was unreal...sounded like a drum/bass guitar in my back seat. I put it in a 1.5 cu ft ported box and the SQ was still really good. I built a box just for SPL and it sounded kinda crappy...got really loud for 1 10" though.

I have seen guys w/ really good subs that have the crappiest installs and they sound like a$$. But i have also seen guys w/ crappy subs in good boxes that sounded pretty darn good.

If you have your mind set on volfenhag...go ahead, no one is stopping ya. But for me, I'm gonna stick w/ RE and Adire for now. Where i live, VERY few people or even shops have even heard of Adire and RE...you find the occasionaly shop that has messed w/ DD now and again though. Its all about Kicker and Alpine around here.

Bronze Member
Username: Shadylimitedx

Pgh, Pa Usa

Post Number: 31
i got 1 12 volfenhag 760 watts and that thing hits an the whole car is vibratin like crazy so iam goin 2 buy 40sqft of Edead an my ears pop an my uper lip an eyes lids vibrate an my nose itches

Bronze Member
Username: Balls573

Winona, Missouri U.S

Post Number: 36
I have heard that the Volfenhags suck and that they are good but ive never heard them so i dunno but its your money so do whatever with it. I would do like marshall says and stick with RE or Adire because noone around where I live has heard of them either, even shops. All anyone around here thinks is good is Kicker, Alpine, Memphis and JL. Oh and alot of people really think Audiobahn is good too but i can't figure out why.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us