2 subs each 4 ohms can i run a mono amp 550 rms at 4 ohms?

Username: Crusacargen

CA US

Post Number: 6
2 subs each 4 ohms can i run a mono amp 550 rms at 4 ohms? This amp will give 1100 watts at 2 ohms. I'm guessing it will give 550 watts for each sub right? Is this dangerous for the subs if they can each handle 550 watts rms? this amp is Hifonics BX1605D for audiobahn 550 watt rms flame excursion subs. Thx

Gold Member
Username: Subfanatic

Walton, Ky

Post Number: 1814
are they DVC or SVC

Gold Member
Username: Jmloughrey

Farmington, CT

Post Number: 1090
you should be fine....if they are SVC 4 ohm subs you can run them at a 2 ohm load...if they are DVC you'll be running at a 4 ohm load....as for the subs...chances are with there RMS rating they wont last long...audiobahn isnt exactly known for there true ratings

Username: Hurleyblink

Post Number: 1
oh my lordy... "you should be fine....if they are SVC 4 ohm subs you can run them at a 2 ohm load..." if they are svc 4ohm subs all you can run them at is 4ohm.. man that just sounded stupid. you dont pick what load your amp gives out YOUR AMP HAS NOTHING TO DO WITH THE OHM LOAD the amp sees it from the subs and runs at that load retart.

Gold Member

Walton, Ky

Post Number: 1815
shawn, your a moron, dont insauly jeff, prove him wrong please, cause he is right.

Gold Member
Username: Invain

Michigan United States

Post Number: 1856
Shawn, if he has (2) SVC 4 ohm subs, then he can run them at 2 or 8 ohms. If he has (2) DVC 4 ohm subs he can run them at 4 or 1 ohms.

Before you start insulting people and trying to give your two-cents, make sure your even right. You just made yourself look like an @ss.

Gold Member

Walton, Ky

Post Number: 1818
lol
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us