Eclipse Ti Enclosures

Bronze Member
Username: Geekbike

Post Number: 63
One of my friends is picking up a 15" Ti (Not pro) and I don't know of anyone locally that runs one, so I haven't seen any enclosures. I'm just wondering what some people are using with it.

Gold Member
Username: Subfanatic

Walton, Ky

Post Number: 1006
i have one, no enclosure yet lol...but things to consider is sealed, ported tuned to a high hrz rating for huge spl, an ss box(my lost likely chioce) and things around that, but dont buy a 15 inch box the sub is actually like 16.678 inches

Bronze Member
Username: Terps297

Potomac, MD USA

Post Number: 45
so when you get your SS box fanatic, is it going to be a custom box? I'm going to have the same setup(15 ti + ss box)

Gold Member

Walton, Ky

Post Number: 1012
well they are always custom, but im not sure at the moment if thats what im goign to do, sean on here offered if i pay him hell make some blueprints for me to build a box tuned for my car for huge spl cause thats what i want...but if that falls through im going withn the ss box for sure, its giong to be crazy stuffjd

Bronze Member

Potomac, MD USA

Post Number: 46
do you think the box he'll make the blueprints for will be better then the ss?

i want major spl too cause the eclipse has amazing sq as it is. what kind of car do you have?

Gold Member

Walton, Ky

Post Number: 1020
i have a 1998 neon expresso...little fast pos lol...but it does since im only 17, i fed up my camaro lol, you?, but yea his blue prints he said he will make will be so that i can adjust the port for the resonent frequency below my cars and then tune it down to like low 20's or somen prolly, if you want when ig et them and build it and everything ill tell you if im happy with it or to go wth the ss, this box will give more spl than the ss, my goal is to get at least 150 with my single 15

Bronze Member

Potomac, MD USA

Post Number: 47
haha yea im 17 too, i've got a 95 buick lesabre

yea tell me how you like it when you put it in, i'd like to know. 150's would be insane! How much sound deadner have you put in? and what kind of amp are you gonna run it to?

haha that's more than my friends 4 runner with 4 12w6's and ppi amps and his was built for show too he only hit 140's haha!

Gold Member

Walton, Ky

Post Number: 1023
haha...well everyone says even if i f it up i should hit at least 140, 150 is my goal lol, but im giong to run a ed nine.1 amp to it (350) bucks..real great quality amp im running it at 2 ohms, 900 watts rms, the eclipse can take a beating i hear, then im putting a 120 square feet of edeadv1 in my trunk alone. lol...what about yourself?

Bronze Member

Potomac, MD USA

Post Number: 48
an ed nine.1 is on my wish list
i'm going with an mtx mxa8001 with about 850 wrms @ 2 ohms which matches my component amp. I want to save up for the ed in the summer though.

i will be putting in sound deadner soon, i hate having such a small budget! but it should be withing a month or 2

Bronze Member

Potomac, MD USA

Post Number: 49
i got scammed a few weeks ago into 350 bucks for a 12w7 so now i pretty much have no money...i lost half it in that damn scam....so now i have to rebuild it..haha but a good way i've found is to buy and sell off of ebay, i made 200 percent profits in 2 months from doing that, i pretty much paid for my whole system until the scam, and i wasted moeney ona mini bike and other stuff. haha

Gold Member

Walton, Ky

Post Number: 1028
yea...mine will be done i guess in 1 month...as soon as i sell all that stuff in my pro...but this is what people suggest, and i suggest to you as well..dont put anything in your car until you get everything you want...wait to get the ednine.1 instead of that MTX, wait to get the sound deadener and just get it all installed befor putting the sub in..that way you can expierience the full effect all at once..that what im doing lol...wanna help me sell all that stuff in my pro lol

Gold Member

Walton, Ky

Post Number: 1029
how did u get scammed??? sorry to hear about that

Bronze Member

Potomac, MD USA

Post Number: 50
haha, what kind of stuff do you have? ebay is really easy you just have to advertise right.

that's definately a good idea. i put in my hu and speakers in now but i want to take them out and start over there with some components and i've already got kappa rear fill 6x9's.

it's just the anticipation that kills me, i wanna have it in so badly, but your right, to make it even sweeter, i gues i should wait...

i was an idiot about it, the guy sent me an email saying that i didnt' win the auction but he'd sell it to me for 350 shipped, and so i was foolish and rushed into it, sent him the moeny throug paypal and not through an actual auction, but then of course he didnt' send anything, i then sued to get my money back but he was clever and sent me a letter that required deliviry confirmation and so paypal accepted it that it was the acual sub....so i can't do anything now...except this usmmer i'm gonna drive up to his house and knock on his front door....see how he likes that...

Gold Member

Walton, Ky

Post Number: 1035
whoop is a$$

Bronze Member

Potomac, MD USA

Post Number: 51
wow i found a nice PPI1400 amp that i might be getting....looks sweet, i bet it will sound sweet too!

Gold Member

Walton, Ky

Post Number: 1054
yea PPI's are awesome
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us