Tahoe Sub question

Username: Nutshmeg

Post Number: 2
I am in the planning stages of adding a sub to a stock Bose system in a 2004 Tahoe.

Any recomendations on sub size/brand and wattage that would best fit?

I don't want to make it where the stock system can't keep up with the sub, and I listen to a huge range of music, some of which requires bass levels to be punched up to the max to get much of any low end out of the recordings.

The stock system already sufficiently produces "ear bass" so an 8" DVC seems like it would add enough deep kick to it without overpowering the Bose stuff.

My plan is to use a DVC 8" and a mono amp with a built in crossover. I can build an enclosure that will fit inside the plastic shrouding in the rear. There is a place on the shroud with a mock speaker grill, I plan on cutting that out and fabbing a ring covered with grill cloth to vent the sub and cover the hole.

Any suggestions? Thanks in advance!

Silver Member
Username: Nnnnick_b

Nc Usa

Post Number: 225
look at the RE8 (www.reaudio.com)
as for an amp, maybe a kx400.1 or a jbl bp300.1, something along those lines.

Username: Nutshmeg

Post Number: 4
You think 300 watts is not too much sub power for the stock system? I think having too much power gives me more tuning options based on music styles played. The JBL is 8x10x3 which is kinda big, but it's only $120 which is great. because I can spend a little more on a better sub.

Where can I find pricing info on RE Subs?

Are MA Audio subs any good?

http://www.americancaraudio.com/product_detail.htm?loppa=7605yb1049p26v5349&&ID= MAASB&cco=SUB&PID=MA80XE

Silver Member
Username: Solacedagony

New Jersey US

Post Number: 316
RE makes excellent subs. MA Audio is, for lack of argument, synonomous with Audiobahn.
If you have sub preouts on your HU, you should have a sub control on it, so even if 300W is too much for the stock system, you can control it, so that it isn't.

Nick_sq
Unregistered guest
I had to do an install on a 2004 silverado with a stock bose system. It sounded like hell. I did 2 type S 12's and is sucked to say the least. Get a headunit and disconnect all that bose crap...you will probly have to run new speaker wire throughout the truck seeing as their is an external amplifier in most bose systems. Unless the stock head unit has line outs (RCA) then dont bother, you will be dissapointed.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us