One or two subs

somethingredicolousihavetomakeup
Unregistered guest
should i get one w6-v2 powered by a jl 500.1 or 2 w6-v2's powered by a phoenix gold xenon 1200.1?
what will be the differance?

Gold Member
Username: James1115

Wilton, Ct

Post Number: 1951
2-3 db's most likely

Bronze Member
Username: Rds11

Louisville, Kentucky

Post Number: 100
the jl amp is better quality, but the two sub set up is better

Gold Member
Username: Invain

Michigan United States

Post Number: 1658
Amp quality isn't really gonna matter for a decibal increase. As long as the amp puts out 2 times or more the power as the 500/1 then he should see a 3 db increase. When you add a second driver with the same watts running to it as the first, you generally see a 3 db increase.

Silver Member

Louisville, Kentucky

Post Number: 103
Oh, I know I'm just stating that to say it. I agree with the two sub option, no doubt. just commenting

Gold Member
Username: James1115

Wilton, Ct

Post Number: 1954
I dont think you should do the 2 sub set up. that PG amp is their bottom line and the JL spanks that amp in every catagory. not even comparable. I would do 1-13w6v2 with a 500/1 and it will sound very nice:-)

Silver Member

Louisville, Kentucky

Post Number: 114
Maybe I shoulda stuck to my amp argument. Either set-up will pound, plus those Xenon amps don't really put out wat they claim to. They do have nice blue neon lights tho! If I were you I would decide what I want personally, (1 or 2 subs) and take into account the cost for each set up. Behnd every great sub is an equally great amp. I borrowed that from someone but I dont kno who to quote on that

Anonymous

ur an idiot RDS11, the Xenon series amps arent the amps that have the blue neon lights... that is the Octave Series. and yes that series is kind of boot leg, but the xenon amps are true to there word and CEA compliant. the xenon 1200.1 is the same as the jl 1000/1 in everyway except it puts out 200 more watts and cost about 1/3 -1/2 as less.

Bronze Member
Username: Akula_class

Post Number: 11
Just a question does it do 1000rms from 1.5 ohms to 4 ohms like the JL.

fsdfdsf
Unregistered guest
it does 1200 watts rms from 1-4 ohms!

Silver Member
Username: Subfanatic

Walton, Ky

Post Number: 952
haha quoting me lol jk.....but i would go with the 2 setup, but instead of the 13's i would stick with the 12's and get a 1000/1, the 2 will only need about 1000 watts rms to make it sound unparralleled

somethingredicolousihavetomakeup
Unregistered guest
no i was either going to get 1 12" with the 500/1 or 2 12's with the phonenix gold. i am tryin to save money so thats why i thought it wouldnt bee much of a differance

Silver Member
Username: Subfanatic

Walton, Ky

Post Number: 965
id go with the 2 12's with the pg and just watch the gains

Silver Member

Louisville, Kentucky

Post Number: 115
okay, ya anon is right. I'm sory i was thinking of the Octane (not Octave) series. My bad on that part.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us