What is loudest sub, NO price limit?!

Username: Coolcardude

Or

Post Number: 1
hey im kinda new. i have done some research and looked at forums but it is all so preference from person to person. i have heard that re x.x.x and something called A15 are both really good. but i have never seen this question,"what is the loudest sub money can buy?" i have been saving for a while and cant exactely "afford" it but i want to rock the block. so money is not a problem but i dont want to go over a 15in sub. i plan on buying 2 of whatever i decide on and also how many db's can i expect with the subs you tell me?

Bronze Member
Username: Alpineuser

Post Number: 42
behind every good sub is an equally good amp

Silver Member
Username: Taylor17

Kopperl, Texas

Post Number: 884
You just want spl, or do you want it to have a little sq?
It sounds like all you want is spl!

Or

Post Number: 2
i would like pretty good sq, it doesn't have to be top of the line sq but i want a sub with huge spl but doesn't sound like sh**.

Gold Member
Username: Hdubb

Farmington, Nm Usa

Post Number: 1069
wait for the new reaudio sub, the prototype at www.realmofexcursion.com

somethingredicolousihavetomakeup
Unregistered guest
what the.... how does that sub work, ir looks crazy. is tha teven possible. the cone looks like a piece of flexible plastic

Unregistered guest
what the.... how does that work...the cone looks like a flexible piece of plastic...does it even work?

Gold Member

Farmington, Nm Usa

Post Number: 1072
yes, if you saw the vid it works. they arew changing the surround so it doesnt dimple, but it will be awesome.

Unregistered guest
does it sound good? it looks like it will hit high spl but will have the worst sq ever

Silver Member
Username: Subfanatic

Walton, Ky

Post Number: 846
wow that thing is nuts...how much will it be..and where in the line up will it be...between what two

Gold Member
Username: Invain

Michigan United States

Post Number: 1530
Who knows man.... It's crazy looking though. I've seen really nice pictures of it when it's at full excursion. Crazy $hit.

Gold Member

Farmington, Nm Usa

Post Number: 1073
not sure on the price yeet but i imagine around 500 to 600. the spl of the mt and the sq of the x.xx as far as i know....

Gold Member

Michigan United States

Post Number: 1531
Now that would be sumtin'

Username: Shawnm123456

Post Number: 10
where is the video on that site, i wanna see this!

Gold Member

Farmington, Nm Usa

Post Number: 1076
www.realmofexcursion.com go to vids then reaudio, then prototype

Silver Member

Kopperl, Texas

Post Number: 904
If it has the sq of the x.x.x and get's as loud as the mt, that is one bad a$$ sub!

Or

Post Number: 3
how many db's would you expect to hit with that if you were runnin it with a good amp at full rms?

Gold Member

Farmington, Nm Usa

Post Number: 1085
i have no idea. loud.......

Silver Member

Kopperl, Texas

Post Number: 913
Atleast in the 150's.

Silver Member
Username: Subfanatic

Walton, Ky

Post Number: 869
yea...i want that sub

Gold Member

Farmington, Nm Usa

Post Number: 1095
what if it is in a convertible miata? i dont think 150s it is all what it is in, that why i said i dont know.

Or

Post Number: 4
thats pretty crazy. it must weigh a f-in ton! maybe i'll get two. lol

Bronze Member
Username: Rds11

Louisville, Kentucky

Post Number: 85
WOW, the box to hold that has got to be HUGE! How many watts is that gonna take?
Anyways, For SPL i would say the RE MT, Kicker Solo X, MTX RFL. Only Heard the Solo X in person and to me it wasn't worth the money but you may think differently. If you got the space go w/ that prototype thing. SQ of a 3X and SPL of an MT = Something Godlike, if thats the case

Or

Post Number: 5
suppose i had a killer setup with some re mt's or solo x's or something like those, when you got something like that do u have to do anything to your car so it can handle the pressure and abuse?

Gold Member

Farmington, Nm Usa

Post Number: 1107
it wieghs 75 pounds! they were free airing it on the vid with 900 watts. not for the sub but the amp yes. the big 3

jason17691
Unregistered guest
i have 1 splw-12 and it hits high 130's to low 140's with a coustic 401db amplifier. i have it wired at 2ohms and the amp only pushes 400watts RMS so if this sub is gonna be about 600 bucks it should hit all of 155 at least if not ur wasting time

Gold Member

Michigan United States

Post Number: 1593
There's not way your hitting in the 140's. Probably barely 130.

Gold Member

Farmington, Nm Usa

Post Number: 1112
no you are not. how the sq on that sub? not even in the ball park of a re se. this sub is meant for more then just spl. it will do over 150 if in the right setup, but will also give you awesome clarity while it does it. how much was your sub?

Gold Member
Username: James1115

Wilton, Ct

Post Number: 1851
hey Jason lay off the crack pipe buddy. do you have any idea how loud 140db's is? there is no way you did it with that set-up.

Gold Member

Farmington, Nm Usa

Post Number: 1114
im not doing that yet, but hopefully very soon. i deadened my car, bigger amp when it comes, which doubles my power which will give me around 4 dbs(i hope) then deadening will give me another 4 dbs (2 layers i hope 4) so ill be around 145( i hope) what do you guys think?

Silver Member
Username: Southernrebel

Monroe, Louisiana USA

Post Number: 424
jason,

was that 140db port-wars or super port?

lol

Gold Member

Farmington, Nm Usa

Post Number: 1126
funny. ya where was the mic, and was it legal?
you guys answer me honestly

Gold Member

Michigan United States

Post Number: 1607
Well Hunter I would hope you'd gain at least 3 db's from doubling your power. Not sure about gaining 4 from deadening the car though. When I deadened my trunk it made a big difference on rattling and what you could hear from the outside, but I couldn't tell a difference in loudness.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us