Amp turns off when i try to play cd's....

Username: Volsrule2069

Post Number: 9
when i play the radio, the amp is on and the subs work fine....when i try to play a cd the amp power light turns off and the amp turns off so the subs wont work....any idea?

Username: Dsgbthuglife

Post Number: 6
check the wiring i had that problem when i bridged my amp then i wired it normal and its ben fine..hope this helps..

Silver Member
Username: Sploosh56

Ohio

Post Number: 524
You have the remote wire mixed up on your reciever. Swithc your remote wire to the other blue wire because right now it is hooked up to your power antena lead.

Silver Member
Username: Subfanatic

Walton, Ky Usa

Post Number: 406
i doubt thats the problem...whenever i install someones system i put it on there power antena lead...as long as they dont have a power antenna lol...it should work fine...but if you do have a power antenna...then hook it up to another wire...i know i just put one in a sony exlpode hu and a jeep grand cherokee and on the back there was actually a wire for an amp...never saw one before..or never looked lol...look for one haha

Post Number: 10
so u think its the remote turn on wire?

Bronze Member

Post Number: 11
cus yea i have it bridged...but i bout the subs in a box and theres only one output thing on the back for speaker wires

Silver Member
Username: Sploosh56

Ohio

Post Number: 527
If it's hooked to his power antena lead then his reciever may stop sending power to it when the cd player is on instead of the radio. All he needs to do is use the intended remote wire on the back of his reciever

Silver Member
Username: Invain

Michigan United States

Post Number: 962
Wahl's right. You want the remote wire hooked up to your amp.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 12
yea there were 2 blue wires and my friend that hooked it up appearently hooked it into the wrong one....i changed it and it works great now, thanks guys

Silver Member
Username: Invain

Michigan United States

Post Number: 967
Good, lol. If that wasn't the problem then I couldn't think of anything else.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us