Alpines r's

Bronze Member
Username: Sony224422

Deep River, CT US

Post Number: 46
What kind of enclosure should i use for 2 12 inch r's in the back of a 96 jetta. I need a good box, and i think im going to be running about 800 amps RMS (tops) into the box. I just don't know what would sound the best for my car, seeing i'm going to be listening to alot of rap.

Silver Member
Username: Rob315

Cuse, NY U.S.

Post Number: 165
id go with ported...oh wait...actually i am going with ported lol...it will give them more boom...and if you listen to alot of rap you probably want your car to go boom right..but if your into sound quality definitely go with sealed...and back to the ported box...id use a larger ported box..i plan on building mine to about 1.75 cu. ft.- 2 cu. ft.

Bronze Member
Username: Dustin507

Post Number: 40
I believe that R-types perform better in sealed boxes, so that is what I would go with.

Silver Member
Username: Hiphopanonymous

Post Number: 172
yeah, type r's are optimal in sealed boxes. believe me they still thump and hit the low notes well. but putting them in a ported box will give the sound a little more oomph to it.

Bronze Member
Username: Sony224422

Deep River, CT US

Post Number: 48
could someone tell me a good place to get a box for them then.. i don't want to get a crappy box, and i think im goign with ported

Username: Theelfkeeper

Stockbridge, GA USA

Post Number: 4
Type R's love ports (if they are done right)

its not hard to build a box yourself. figure our dimentions that will fit but are in the recomendations for the subs and find a couple port calculators (they none ever show the same results) and take the middle ground. you can always adjust the port length.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us