My V-Max's

Bronze Member
Username: D1slocate

Cary, NC US

Post Number: 52
Hit 143.6 today with my 2 Cerwin Vega V-Max's in a custom ported box in my Jeep Grand Cherokee.

Guy with an eclipse 15" Ti receiving 1600 watts in a sealed box hit 138 something in his car with the seats folded down.

Guy with a 12w7 in a ported box hit 136 something I believe with his seats up.

Someone will beat me but I'm still happy because this is my first system and its loud as hell!

Silver Member
Username: James1115

Wilton, Ct

Post Number: 853
well that is pretty impressive for you and pretty weak for them. I have personally seen on 12w7 hit 148.2 and I have seen one brahma 12 hit 148.6 both in snail shell enclosures. That 15TI should be way above the 138 mark.

Silver Member
Username: Invain

Michigan United States

Post Number: 613
Are you sure about those numbers? Sounds a little iffy. 143.6 sounds pretty good for 2 V-max's. And below 140 for a w7 and 15" Ti sounds pretty low.

Silver Member

Wilton, Ct

Post Number: 856
yeah thats what I was saying but it all depends they could be like that other guy running a 12w7 off of a audiobahn POS ya know. I doubt it was anything serious but then again who knows.

Silver Member

Michigan United States

Post Number: 618
Yeah. It does sound funny though, you gotta admit. 2 vmax's beating a 12w7 and a 15 TI.

Silver Member

Wilton, Ct

Post Number: 858
yeah I know.

Bronze Member

Cary, NC US

Post Number: 53
Don't some measuring devices add like 5 db or something?

And yes im positive of the numbers. The Ti was in the 138's and the 12w7 was barely below it in the 137's or 136's. They were pretty positive I would beat them since the Ti was sealed and I have the SUV.

Silver Member

Michigan United States

Post Number: 625
Yes, some do add more, and some aren't perfectly consistant. It also depends on where the sound was metered in the car, and if the doors/windows were open. But hey, I'm not gonna argue with you. If your telling the truth than more power to ya man. 143 db's is really good with your setup. But your comment about the sealed TI. Just because your sealed doesn't meen you lose all your spl. I thought somebody said they hit 140 something with a single Brahma sealed?

Silver Member

Wilton, Ct

Post Number: 864
I have seen a brahma do 142 sealed and I have seen it do 148 in a snail shell. Dude if you hit 143 was that with your windows up or down? doors open or closed? makes a huge difference. If you hit that with your windows up and doors shut then I will have a new respect for the v-max's. I have always liked them but not 143 much.

Silver Member

Michigan United States

Post Number: 631
Doors open makes a very big difference. Doesn't it also make a difference if the mic's placed just out in a normal spot in the vehicle, rather than right up under the windshield or way down by the kick panels? When I put my head up twords the windshield in my car it get's loud.

Bronze Member

Cary, NC US

Post Number: 54
All doors were closed and windows were up on all three vehicles. They just started a competition for non-professionals so they were all measured equally. I think he moved the meter around to see where it was the loudest for all the vehicles. I'm not going to come on an internet board and lie about what I hit lol. There are a few people on this board who really recommend the V-Max and I figured I'd let everyone know the V-Max's are for real and let the people on this board who advised me to get the V-Max's know I am very happy with them.

Gold Member
Username: Jonathan_f

GA USA

Post Number: 3268
"yeah thats what I was saying but it all depends they could be like that other guy running a 12w7 off of a audiobahn POS ya know"
The car it's in makes an enormous difference. I bet those W7s and the Ti could have been put in this guy's car and hit higher numbers. It's funny, because you see guys saying "My 2 12" Audiobahns series outhit a 12W7!" when that 12W7 was in the back of a BMW with it's sherman tank solid trunk with no place for air to move through.

Gold Member
Username: Jonathan_f

GA USA

Post Number: 3269
BTW, 143.6 is great, good job.

Gold Member
Username: Insearchofbass

Post Number: 1093
its all in the install guys I have a friend who hit in the 140's with a mtx 10 8000 off an mtx 81000d only 800 watts i think and another guy hit like 145 db with a pyramid super blue 15 running 600 rms to it...also two fusion 12s hit 144.4 db off like a 1000 watt fusion amp

Silver Member
Username: Hdubb

Farmington, Nm Usa

Post Number: 751
i dont thin that fusion is too tooo bad. decent stuff, imo

Silver Member
Username: Symplestiles

Stockton, CA Usa

Post Number: 313
what kind of amp were you using w/ your VMAXs? and are they 10 12 or 15 inch?

Bronze Member

Cary, NC US

Post Number: 57
12" with a Kicker 600.1

Silver Member

Wilton, Ct

Post Number: 965
it sounds like a nice set up. I would love to hear it. I have always like CV.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us