You guys suck at replying to a helpless guy...haha

Username: Kountryrebel

Arkansas United States

Post Number: 6
I just bought a 10" Kicker F10a 8 ohm sub, its in good condition, and i have a 200 watt mosfet powered amp. I'm not trying to get a big bad system or anything, i just want my music to sound good when i play it, will this sound good? and should i buid a bigger sealed box or a smaller sealed box to get the best sound?

Silver Member
Username: Invain

Michigan United States

Post Number: 481
I think that F10a is a free air subwoofer. So you really don't need to build a box, as long as you mount it in some kind of wall to seperate the front and the back waves. I've heard they sound pretty good for what they are, your definitely not gonna get very much spl out of them in a free air mount though, but they will have good sq.

Arkansas United States

Post Number: 8
yea they are free air... as for sq and spl i have not clue what that means.... will they bump any? or what?

Silver Member
Username: Invain

Michigan United States

Post Number: 482
SPL is sound pressure level, aka loudness. SQ is sound quality. Well, it is a woofer and it'll have 200 watts running to it you say, so yes it will bump some, but not very much. It should have decent sq though, and if all your looking for is some extended bass to your stock system, then it should work.

Arkansas United States

Post Number: 9
thanx... thats exactly what i was wanting to know... i am not wanting a huge system.. just something to sound good when i am going down the road... i am building a custom 72 chevy and when i finish it, i am going to put a big system in it.. i am thinkin 4 10" kicker comp vr... but whenever i finish that truck and get ready for a system in it i will get back on here... right now i drive a 4x4 nissan extended cab... so i am not worrying about a big system in it...
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us