New to car amp installations, newb with few questions.

Username: L3ftonm3

Post Number: 1
Alright I will try to explain my situation to the best of my ability so bare with me.

Currently I have a Pioneer deck dehp5200, with 2 RCA outputs, the rear and front, but no sub output. At the momment the rear rca outputs are being used by a RF 300s amp powering my subwoofer. I currently want to install an amp to my 4 mb quart speakers. So I purchased a clarion apa450 amp, so I can run 50x4 rms at 4ohm to each MBQ discus 6.5 speaker. On the clarion amp there is the front rca input jacks, and rear rca input jacks.

So if i run rca cables from the front output on the deck, to the front input on the amp, will I have sound to all 4 of my speakers?

If I do what will be the downfalls of not being able to hook up to the rear inputs on the amp? Will I just lose the ability to adjust the eq settings?

If I cant run everything from the 2 outputs on the deck, what can I do to solve this problem?

thank you for readin my newb questions. any answers?

Silver Member
Username: Addicted2bass

Miami, FLORIDA USA

Post Number: 135
For one of your questions about the 2 outouts on the deck, i believe theres a product called, Y connector, which uses one rca out and makes two. For instance you use the front rca and put the connector on and you could run it to the front and rear outputs on your amp. Adn use the rear output form your HU and run it to the subwoofer amp.

Username: L3ftonm3

Post Number: 2
hmm, yah I was looking into that. you think that would be ok. I would just lose the ability to setup the rear speaker eq settings?
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us