Opinions?

Anonymous

Ok im looking at getting 2 12's, i've been thinking either infinity perfects, or jl 12w0-4's.

I have a couple questions, which set would you go with if you were me? or what else would you choose around that price range?

Last question is, any opinions on an amp that would be good for the infinities or the jl's?

Thanks alot

Bronze Member
Username: D1slocate

Cary, NC US

Post Number: 29
Three great subs in that range are being discussed in a thread called "Opinions needed on the Infinity Kappa Perfect 12.1 subs" right below this one. I don't have any experience but I just got 2 Cerwin Vega V-maxes for 89 each and a Kicker kx600.1 amp for 340 off of onlinecarstereo.com. I'm inexperienced and I'm sure the Type-R's or Perfect's would have made me just as happy. There are so many choices out there, it gets confusing. Just get whichever ones you can get for the best price and paired with a well priced amp as well.

Keep in mind good subs aren't good if they don't have a good amp. That is one thing I have learned from experience. My friend has 2 Type-R's hooked up to a Sony amp, yuck. The guys here are great and will make sure your system rocks, start by looking at those 3 subs and seeing what fits u best.

Anonymous

yea i been thinking about it for a while, and i think it comes down to personal choice really.

Say i get the jl w0's, there 150rms, so would something like this be good to run them off of?
http://www.onlinecarstereo.com/CarAudio/ProductDetail.aspx?ProductID=14325

its a rockford 200x2 amp

say i got the infinities, would that same amp be ok to run them off of? or do I need something close to 350rms?

Bronze Member

Cary, NC US

Post Number: 30
You will have to ask someone else about jl stuff because they seem to underrate their products. Their 250/1 amp would push out 300 watts for sure. People on here have said the 500/1 pushes about 750. Someone else will have to say whether those subs and that amp match up good. I think I have also read that JL wires their stuff weird, if you get JL subs, I'd get a JL amp.

As far as the infinity's, look at what amps put out at 2-ohms, that's what you want to wire them to. My Kicker kx600.1 is capable of hitting over 700, they underrate their products as well. Look at mono amps that push out 600-800 watts since the perfects will need 700 together.

Anonymous

hmm ok i guess this is where i get confused. How does that work? 1 mono amp can power 2 subs?

so all i'd need for the 2 w0's would be the 250/1 jl amp? and if i were to get infinities the 500/1 amp may be ok?

Bronze Member

Cary, NC US

Post Number: 31
Yes, subs are wired together. Subs can have one voice coil, 2 voice coils, and they can be all kinds of ohms, its pretty confusing. JL amps are pretty pricey because they are good and you can wire them anywhere from 1.5-4 ohms and still get the same power.

If you go with the infinity's you wouldn't need to shell out the money for a 500/1, have u checked the prices on that yet? Other than the Kicker 600.1, Infinity has an amp that puts out about 650, MTX has one that can put out 800, Audiobahn has one that pushes out 800, and so on.

Use the search option on the forum and type in the names of different amps and see what people have to say about them. I'm no expert, I don't have experience with any of this stuff, I just read the forums and know the basics.

Bronze Member
Username: Wojopro

Post Number: 75
Most websites will tell you if your amp is stable at 1ohm, 2ohms, or so on... Just make sure you wire the amp correctly so you wont play the new subs.
http://rockfordfosgate.com/rftech/wiringwizard.asp
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us