Which sub is better??

Username: Cheddah_ken

Post Number: 1
k, whats the word on the kicker 15" RFL sub, its a pure SPL sub, and retails for around $1000, but i can get it for around $350, it was used for a short time in a demo vehicle. pretty sure its 2000wrms. wut r some thoughts on the sub?

Username: Yhammack

Post Number: 11
I think you mean MTX, the RFL is made by MTX not Kicker. It is made for pure SPL, the SQ is crap though. 2000wrms / 4000 peak. Retail is $650. I would consider something else for the price, especially if that thing is used! jus my 2 cents.....

DD 9915 for pure SPL, Brahma or RE X.X.X. for a good combination of both SPL and SQ.

Post Number: 2
yea, sorry, i mean MTX. i jus couldint get my mind off that huge kicker 18"! yea, i've heard good things about the X.X.X but i live in winnipeg, Manitoba, Canada, and i dont really want to go through all the trouble of shippin from the U.S, and the MTX is nearby... although its SQ is crap, if i had a decent amp hooked up, like only 1500watt, could i be heard from a lonnng ways away with the MTX, versus lets say 2 RF 12" Fast and furious editions?

Post Number: 3
so lets say i was to use the MTX as yes, i know its a bad idea, but as a bit of a daily driver.. wut would be a good amp to give this thing some movement? keeping in mind im not goin in any comps. I have a Alpine MRD M500 V12, i think its 700 or 900wrms, would that amp still give me better bass on that sub over rockfords, or RE's? or MOFOs?

Username: Yhammack

Post Number: 12
New Rockfords are garbage if you ask me, I'm not too familiar with the RE's and MOFO's. "MOFO" just the name alone sounds cheap! These amps are good if you want some decent power.

JBL 1200.1
Avionixx Tsunami DB 1100 and DB 1800

The Avionixx is real impressive for the price. Check their website @ http://www.avionixxusa.com
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us