CD skippage

Anonymous

Has anyone ever had the problem where as soon as ur bass pounds it hits so hard it makes ur CDs skip? Gee i have! when i put in brand new, never played cds or try the cd on another cd player or turn the volume down it works perfectly fine..but as soon as the bass starts to pound the song will barely play it just plays very choppy and makes this noise kinda like its shorting out. this happens constantly and i dont kno how to fix it!! Does ne body know why this is happening?

Username: Taylor17

Kopperl, Texas U.s

Post Number: 6
what kind of player do you hav

Anonymous

pioneer head unit

Kopperl, Texas U.s

Post Number: 7
what kind of system do you hav and in what kind of car?

ThatGuyYouKnow
Unregistered guest
I recommend to make Mp3 CD's, if your head unit will play them, but seince u posted here i bet you have a computer, so just rip ur cd's into mp3 and make a Data CD with the mp3's on them.
If you dont have a burner your screwed on that plan.
Its totally legal to do what I just said you have a bought cd, therfor you hold the rights to the data on the disk you can do what ever with, just not for monitary gain or publish it as your mitarail.

And now 1 state has even banned "sampling" witch is a part of song, jingle ect.; witch is 3 seconds or less, just info you may not know, (when you make web sites with music you have to read all the fine print).

ThatGuyYouKnow
Unregistered guest
oh why a mp3 CD?
the head unit actually reads the whole file when accessed so no skipping!
thats why I love my CD/MP3 player, 7+hrs of music on one CD.

Anonymous

3 JL 10w3v2s, JBL BP1200.1 amp in a 96 ford explorer

By the way, the only cds i play are mp3

and what i mean by skipping is it is not like ur playin a song and its like for example: "My system bumps way down the down the down the down the down the down the stree stree stree stree.." its more like as soon as the bass hits very hard it makes kind of a screetch sound and doesnt play for like a second then it will hit hard again and in the middle of the bassline it will just stop playin for a bout a second.. I hope u got what i just said haha..Has this ever happened to anybody?

Bronze Member

Kopperl, Texas U.s

Post Number: 13
that is stranged. How old is your player and hav you noticed it geting hot.

Anonymous

like a year old and no it doesnt get hot..i might just need to get it rewired or find a new one :-/

Bronze Member

Kopperl, Texas U.s

Post Number: 14
i don't know a lot about systems but the only other thing i cood think of wold be a wire you might hav a short in it and when the base hit's it makes the wire move just right. Maby John or Glass will give a answer

Bronze Member
Username: Lbeckner

Tulsa, Ok Usa

Post Number: 26
you need to make sure that your deck is mounted good and firm. There should of been some strapping material that came with the deck. Secure it to the back of the deck and then to your vehicle. When your done you shouldn't be able to wiggle the deck at all. If your deck is loose then it just sits there and vibrates.

Anonymous

Yep u know what you are right, when the bass hits hard u can actually see the deck moving and vibrating, also i can move it around easily, apparantly it needs to be rewired professionally. I will try that and see if it makes any difference..thanks

Anonymous

Yep u know what you are right, when the bass hits hard u can actually see the deck moving and vibrating, also i can move it around easily, apparantly it needs to be rewired professionally. I will try that and see if it makes any difference..thanks, jon and glass feel free to give input if u have any ideas about this problem
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us