Sony STR-DA5000/3000es

Username: Fkandt

Post Number: 2
These receivers with digital amps are hitting the stores locally, but I can't find any reviews or comments on them. Sony USA doesn't show them. I found specs on Sony New Zealand. But, what about user opinions/thoughts? Where do these guys fit in the Yammy/Elite/Denon, etc. scheme of things? Anybody heard one?

Username: Stelch

Post Number: 5
Chech here: www.agoraquest.com

Username: Valeem

Post Number: 4
You may find this helpful?

https://www.ecoustics.com/electronics/forum/home-audio/8493.html

Username: Edison

Post Number: 77
I heard one by panasonic sa-xr25, and I like it alot - sounds clean and smooth. It was not very powerful although it said 100 watts (6 ohm), but on medium volume, it sounded like a more upscale piece.

The sony's are more money, but I would guess they sound good as well. I did hear their small mini system with digital amplification, and it sounds much better than their conventional amp minis.

I already bought a Phillips one, and will be buying many more digital stuff for my music students. Sharp digital stuff is all sold out, and can't be gotten on the web.

Some think this is the future of amps.
Panasonic sa-xr45 for $100 more sounds better I heard. I probably be getting that one too.

You can hear the Panasonic at Bestbuy if you live near one. Granted they don't do all things well, but I love their clean background (black), smoothness (liquid sound), and their warm bass.

Some are paring this with an upscale pieces like B*W speakers (upper model). I hope this technology brings down the cost of quality, so everyone can enjoy them in the future - even students.

If you want to get the phillips mini, you can get it here :
http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/ASIN/B00009YWKA

Searching the net might get you even better deal.

This connects to your computer as well to improve the sound of your MP3 collection by USB! It sure beats the tiny speakers through stock soundcards.

Has a much better phone out for headphones!

Perfect form dorm rooms, and your childrens rooms. The speakers are surprisingly good too. Phillips is a company that knows what they are doing - since they also make upscale pieces as well.

Looks pretty good too - although a little plasticky and the light show it puts on when the power is set to off is dizzying.
You will not be disappointed.

Affordable way of improving your computer sound.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us