Marantz sr7300 v. Yamaha rx-v2400

Anonymous
I was pretty set on the marantz sr 7300. Then the dealer told me about the Yamaha rx-v2400. Now I'm totally confused. Anyone hear these two units side by side and have an opinion about them? Would the KEF KHT2005.2 speaker system do these a/v receivers justice?

Hawk
Anon:

The KEF system is a superb speaker system, provided it is placed in an appropriately sized room (not overly large). It is warm, focused and very accurate. A pleasure to listen to with good electronics.

I would suggest that the Marantz is a much better choice for the KEF system. I have no doubt that the dealer told you about Yamaha, who is currently offering extra incentives (to the dealers) this month and next in an effort to regain the top spot in home receiver sales. However, I have heard both (extensively) and the Marantz is simply a better match with the KEFs.

Anonymous
Thanks for the quiuck response. Do you have a feeling of Boston Acoustic's 9500 v. the KEF's

Hawk
Anon:

I am afraid not. I don't have a reliable Boston dealer near me, so I haven't heard them. Sorry.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us