Can someone help me with my reciever dilema?

Anonymous

I know you guys get these same questions all the time, but my I really need some help. We just recently bought the following:
Infinity Alpha 1200S Black 12" powered sub
(2)Infinity Alpha 50 Black Each Floor
Infinity Alpha 37C Black Center
Which receiver would you go with? I really likes the Harmon Kardon but my was also thinking about Onkyo or Denon....Please help!! We need to stay in the 400-650 price range.

Bronze Member
Username: Bleustar

Pensacola, Florida

Post Number: 42
I have new infinity beta 20's and a Harman Kardon 3480 two channel receiver. HK and infinity are a good combination. You should be able to get a HK AVR330 (surround receiver)for around $500 online or the even better AVR430 for around $600. I would also look at the Marantz 5400.

My next receiver will probably be Rotel or Arcam. But I particularly like to drool over the new Anthem D1 statement.

Anonymous

Thanks. What are the biggest improvements from the AVR330 to the AVR430, besides the remote and 5 watts per channel?

Silver Member
Username: Geekboy

Newport, RI United States

Post Number: 329
Anonymous: The AVR-430 has extended features for custom installations. This includes the RS-232 control and A-Bus capability. These features are not necessary unless you're considering A-Bus capable whole house audio or other custom installations.

Anonymous

Thanks guys. I really don't know a whole lot about home theater audio, but I just purchased the AVR430. I probably will never use any of the feature that geekboy listed (I don't really even know what you are talking about through most of the post). I sure hope I made the right decision. I told myself that I was only going to spend about 1000.00 for the whole system. It's now over 2400.00. My wife might kill me!! Any thoughts for surround surround speakers? The Infinity Alpha 25ES are sooo hard anywhere.

Bronze Member
Username: Bleustar

Pensacola, Florida

Post Number: 45
Look around and you may still find some close out alpha's online. If not, the new Beta line from infinity should be a fairly good match.

Silver Member
Username: Geekboy

Newport, RI United States

Post Number: 333
Anonymous: yeah, since she'll kill you anyway, try to stick with the Beta's. If you're gonna die, die happy. :-)

Anonymous

Would the Alpha 20's work for surround sound? They are book shelf speakers, so I don't know if they would sound good or if I'm just wishful thinking (249.00 for the pair)....You have been a really big help on this btw.

Jason and Lauren

Silver Member
Username: Landroval

Post Number: 513
The Alpha 20's will be a fine choice for surrounds, no problems there.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us