Need help denon Avr-588 quick respone please

Silver Member
Username: Gutteer

Fort atkinson/Marshall, WI

Post Number: 159
Ok i can get sound to come out of anything besides the 2 fronts the rears center and sub arent working i need a quick response

Platinum Member
Username: Jan_b_vigne

Dallas, TX

Post Number: 15524

Is this a new set up?

Silver Member

Post Number: 160
yes i just got it and i only get sound out of the fronts

Platinum Member
Username: Plymouth

Canada

Post Number: 15438
Eric

Read your users manual, the Denon setting must be on stereo, set it on surround.

Platinum Member

Dallas, TX

Post Number: 15525

Eric, let's begin with any answer you provide is probably going to need more than a one sentence response. To assist you we will require information. Give us more than you think we will need and we'll sort through to find the amount we require. Otherwise there will be no "quick answer" as we have to slowly go through each possible situation. OK?

There could be a few things going on in your immediate circumstance and going through the owner's manual is the first best chocie for solving your problem. Unfortunately, owner's manuals have become overly complicated as each system can be connected in multiple configurations with no one set up being wrong, just what the user prefers.

You will most likely need to first set up the source player - CD,DVD, computer, etc. - to output the correct information. This means clicking on something like "audio" in your set up menu and progressing to a tab which says something to the effect of "PCM" or "Dolby Digital". You want to select the Dolby option. Check for any points where you need to decide which output the player assigns its signals to; digital coax, optical, HDMI, etc.

Depending upon how you've made your connections between source and receiver you'll then need to do a set up for the receiver. Click again on "Set up" in your main menu and head to input assignment tabs. Instruct the receiver's inputs to accept the type of signal you are feeding from the source player. CD's, DVD's and satellite/cable systems will need to be set to receive multi-channel inputs in the form of digital or analog and often you'll need to select from the various input options available. Set up the optical, HDMI or whatever appropriate input you're using for each input. If you're running your source player first to a TV monitor and then to the receiver, you probably should re-route your audio connections straight to the receiver. Otherwise, you'll need to do a similar set up on the TV's in/out menu.

Those basic instructions should get you headed in the right direction. Like a computer, while confusing on the face of it, the set up of your HT system is largley a matter of logic and occasionally a bit like your IRS form where you have to have filled out one form before you can answer the questions on the next form which pertain to the figures you'll need to fill out the form preceding the first form to reach the final numbers for the very first schedule form from which all other numbers have nothing to do with each other. In other words, it's a snap!

Start by going through your set up menus with your owner's manual as a general guide. Keep track of what you changed and how you've changed it in case you need to go backwards at some point. That last is important so grab some paper and a pen. That should get you started. If not, come back here or call your retailer of the receiver for some after the sale assistance.

Silver Member

Post Number: 161
well the problem with giving long discriptive problems is i dont have it im trying to help a friend that i traded it to with it he just set it up and since i cant go to his house i wanted to help here but i also had the same problem with it sound only out of the front but now after him messing around with it he doesnt get any sound

Platinum Member

Dallas, TX

Post Number: 15537

Tell him to disengage the "tape monitor" and then stop randomly pushing buttons.

Silver Member

Post Number: 165
how about i have him just do a system reset and lets go from there

Platinum Member

Dallas, TX

Post Number: 15541

Why not? It can't hurt unless he has really bollixed the whole thing up.

Silver Member

Post Number: 166
ok and hopefully that isnt the case
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us