The performance of NAD T773 Receiver with Pioneer DVD SACD and DVD-A capability

Daniel Benatar
Unregistered guest
Hi all,

Wanted to share with you my experience with NAD T773 with new DVD SACD and DVD-A, as I wrote before that I am very happy with the NAD T773 with Snell speakers and with the digital performance. This week, I have purchased new Pioneer DVD player with DVD-A and SACD capability. I have connected the DVD to the NAD T773 Receiver through the analog connection and played two disk: 1. Nora Jones, Come away with me, and 2. Pink Floyd, the dark side of the moon -- both of them new SACD discs. The sound was amazing -- so clean and very detailed through all 5 speakers. I didn't play too much with the setting as I just play the discs and was amazed from the sound quality. By the way, there is an option to set up the speakers from the DVD and set up the tone from the receiver as well (not as I was thinking that once you play SACD there is nothing you can do with the receiver...). Anyway, just wanted to share this new info with all of you as I do think, once you listen to SACD there is no way back... The Nad receiver as well as the DVD SACD is doing the work! I could not stop the music especially the Pink Floyd from playing, even my wife was impressed (usually the NAD digital / stereo sound quality was enough for her...).

Daniel

Silver Member
Username: Project6

Post Number: 946
Welcome to the realm of DVD-Audio and SACD, now if we can just get everybody to record on surround format and high resolution. What model Pioneer was it??

Daniel Benatar
Unregistered guest
It is the Pioneer 655A model - not the best one but is doing the work.

Daniel
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us