Help SABA speakers

Username: Generalgato

Post Number: 2
Hi everybody:

Looking for second hand speakers y run into a set of SABA vintage, they got a good reputation but my problem is that I came across to more sets of SABAs and don´t know witch one is better.

And the nominees are:

SABA AM 320 E
Upload

SABA Ultra Hi-FI Box 600
Upload

Anybody have any experience past or present with any of this?

Thanks in advance.
Luis de Santiago

Platinum Member
Username: Nuck

Post Number: 12521
Luis, what are you going to power the speakers with, what do you listen to and how loud?
What is your room size?
have you chosen stands for the speakers?

Platinum Member
Username: Nuck

Post Number: 12522
Speakers that I have never heard of for $400, Alex.

Username: Generalgato

Post Number: 3
Hi Nuck:

First the easy part, I have a 15X15ft reading- home theater room. I love to listen to music while I read books. I work on the film business (director of photography) so I watch movies but 80% of the time I listed to music. Jazz, classical, opera, female vocals, 70´s and 80´s pop are my thing, loud but not extremely so.

I am building up my system, driving it now with a cheap 5.1 amp 20Wx5 that will be replace soon with a A/V receiver of close to 100Wx7 ( Sony STR-DA 2400 ES or better). I want this speakers to be my main stereo drivers for music and fronts for 5.1 movies sound.

They won´t be on stands I have a 6ft long x 2ft high rack. They will be at the extremes with the LCD in the center.

Thanks for your help.

Luis

Username: Badpuppy

Dublin, CA USA

Post Number: 1
Hi All,

I just snagged an older pair of Saba speakers, Model "Saba Telewatt TL 10 S. They measure 21 1/4" H X 11 7/8" W X 4 7/8" D. The rear panel is 1 7/16" thick the front baffle appears to be about 3/4" thick and construction is MDF w/woodgrain contact paper. Standard european style connectors. The woofer/lo-mids is approx 10" and the tweeter/hi-mids is appox 6". There are no adjustments for the tweeter. The speaker is rated at 4 Ohms.

The cabinets are sealed and there is no access to the drivers or crossovers. These speakers weigh in at almost 22 pounds each! Very heavy for such a compact system.

I am using my iPod, a PS audio 6.0 preamp and 2 mono S.E.T. KT-66 amplifiers w/ One Electron output transformers to drive these speakers. They sound very articulate, accurate and sweet. Great imaging and decent bass response for an infinite baffle design. I am impressed and if their newer designs are anything like these you will love the sound.

I tried to research these on Google and found that the design engineers for these speakers broke away from Saba and started a Home, Commercial & Studio sound reinforcement company and currently market loudspeaker systems under the name Klein & Hummel. You can view their history at: <http://www.klein-hummel.com/klein-hummel/icm_en.nsf/root/home>
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us